2 into 1 carb?

paradisej

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No top end power from a single?? Please explain in great detail which single carb setups you have ridden in which there was no top end. What kind of carbs, jetting, manifold?

I run a single carb on my motocross bike and there is nothing wrong with top end performance.

Paradisej, to answer your question, no, its not really worth it for you to switch to a single carb unless you are having issues with your dual carbs. Smaller dual carbs work great for mid range power, and there isn't much of a power gain down there when switching. The main benefit is what Rusty said, they are easier to tune.

Dont let anybody tell you a single carb banshee doesnt run good, though.

a single carb banshee doenst run good.

There are many 2 cylinder 2 strokes out there that run great on 2/1 manifolds. The only reason most people think banshees can't run good on them is because the only readily available bolt on manifolds are fucking garbage. Trinity = restrictive junk. Although their concept was a good idea. The new chariot is better, but still not much better. Graydon had their Proline manifold but even that was pretty poor.

If you are serious about the swap, do it with an old 440 exciter manifold. Takes a little modding but it's like a single plane manifold for your big block. It works, but it requires a 39mm carb or bigger. My buddy did one on his clean up only 4mil build and it pulls plenty friggin hard for a stock cyl 4mil that hasn't really been ported

Let's see a picture of that intake Zilla.  I am putting a single on Ethan's motor for hime to start with.  Running a 33 PWK behind a set of PT mids on a little ported 350.  Not sure how long he'll ride it like this before he'll want to step up to a set of duals with some inframe drag pipes but I think this will be a fun little torque motor for him for awhile.

SP