Smart carb

crash&burn

direct injection is already produsing 2 strokes that have lower emmisions than 4 stroke motors.  the 2 stroke is a highly effecient design ..  if it wasnt  it would have been droped years ago.

turbocharged snomobiles are producing massive amounts of hp out of small cc motors...  and that not a highly funded development.  evenrude uses idrect injectino 2 stroke outboards to this day that are easily out performing 4 strokes in fuel useage, hp , weight, and emissions..

to me  this looks like a billet lectron.  lectrons are not anywhere close to as weather finiky as std carbs.   this looks like a cool idear tho.  but not mch in how they achevied the results...  nice idear tho.  maybe if they cast them  and/ or sold more they will get more popular.  love to try a set ona drag bike with alky.  better mileage would be excellent.

the DMR powerjet is also a better atomization principle and the set of carbs i use with one of these in it are much more sensitive to changes in the powerjet settings.  they also seem to use much less fuel to make similar power.  i'm sure this is a similar concept..

Keihins and Mikunis are the standard because of availability, price, and so the japs have been putting them on everything with two and 4 wheels for many decades. What people need to realize is that there is still more technology out there and we need to be open minded and understand that they need to shut their mouths about it until they have proof that a new product is garbage.

BTW, The smart carb has been proven in the mountains of Colorado and has been to Pikes Peak with GREAT results.

http://www.powerapt.com/

Also, when Lectrons hit the market, everybody talked shit because they were a foreign concept. Now they are probably one of the most dominant carbs in racing.

• Like 1

Also, when Lectrons hit the market, everybody talked shit because they were a foreign concept. Now they are probably one of the most dominant carbs in racing.

in all racing or drag racing? to me 3  tunable circuits for all around throttle positions is better than one. (for fine tuning) i never could get a set of lectrons to act right at 1/4 throttle and needles were so high i couldn't afford custom cuts for tuning every point of the needle.

These carbs are based off of the design of a Lectron. The people of Lectron have had a hand in these carbs in conjunction with APT. The APT company and Lectron wanted to make the low velocity response better than a standard Lectron, and maintain spot on air to fuel by using air pressure as a mechanical device to help meter the carbs fuel pressure. Don't ask I don't know lol. I am going to sale both sets of my alky carbs (keihins and Lectrons) to give these a shot. They are coming out with a cast version of these same billet carbs this coming spring to make them more affordable to guys like us with 2 cylinders. Currently APT is working on a alky set up right now as we speak. APT claims 10% more power on gas for everything they bolted them on to, over any mikuni, keihin, or lectron.

Can you imagine having your alky drag bike always dialed in for max power no matter where your at or what the variables may be.

Its about time someone has came up with a new design for carbs. These may be the future of our sport, hopefully :banana: .

Im going to give it a shot cross my fingers and knock on wood.

i have been able to get lectrons tuned in excellent with packards recomended needles  and they hold their tune better than any other carb i have tried....   i also sold all my kehiens and mikiuni's i have and just keep the jets for ones i have to work on.  the ones i have ran on pump gas worked flawless..

i looked more into these carbs and am now dead set on trying a single 40mm on a certain motor combonation i am working on.   the design, and i feel therories behind these are going to make some big changes...  

if they can get a set of the cast ones down to about 600 a pair i think that will be very resonable considering you wont need anything else jet wise..  

None of us can verify anything yet from experience but to take a negative attitude on advancing old technologies is the worst attitude to have.

It's not that it's too terribly hard to jet but in some instances riding will take you beyond your preset jetting settings, which is why they use the Pike's Peak race as a big selling point.

Keep in mind a pair for the banshee right now is roughly double to triple the cost of a new set of Lectron or Keihin carbs. You then have the cost of an assortment of jets, cost of plugs and/or dyno time (Most don't have access to a free dyno as I know some on here do) plus your time, time that could be spent riding. Add on they look awesome, how many people on here spend money simply for billet or aesthetics with no real performance or functional gain?

Another thing, if not hyped up, is the higher level of atomization for increasing mileage.

There seem to be a lot of positives that would definitely justify the price but it should come down as they bring a cast model into production. If I was them I'd be trying to set up a contract with some of the big manufacturers to help bring back and keep 2 strokes in production.

Smart phones also have their place, although 90% of people that have them don't need them, smart cars also. 

I see where you're coming from and these aren't proven 100% but if nobody gives them a chance we will stay stuck in a rut. 

Fear of the unknown. 

Doesn't mean sorting out your own fuel injection is easy or cheap. We have seen that over and over and only some are successful. Evan aka The358bansh is one of the few (that I know of) to actually get FI working and working well. It also was not cheap and took a while and he does that type of shit for a living.

Again IF this works as well as it is advertised IMO it would be better than having all that extra electrical. Keep it simple.