non-stock footpegs and kicker question

Banshees did not have a stop on the footpeg until they added the factory footguards, in 1991 I believe. They put the stop on the peg so the kicker did not hit the footguard. On the bikes that did not come with footguards the kicker was stopped by the internal stop inside the clutch cover at a much lower point than where the footguards were eventually mounted.

• 1 month later...

My 89 that I bought brand new off the showroom floor did not have ANY stop on the footpeg. Your picture looks like somebody mickey moused a stop onto those aftermarket pegs. I would put up a picture of how mine used to be but I've moved my pegs back and down and I don't have any old pictures of the pegs.

My 89 that I bought brand new off the showroom floor did not have ANY stop on the footpeg. Your picture looks like somebody mickey moused a stop onto those aftermarket pegs. I would put up a picture of how mine used to be but I've moved my pegs back and down and I don't have any old pictures of the pegs.

Yeah, it's so mickey-moused that it was added in MS Paint... lol

• 1 month later...