ALL PRO port job?

krispy05shee

hey guys,

i picked up a super clean 01 banshee the other day from and older gentleman that informed me that he didnt know much about it other than the pipes, filter and had "motor modifications". on the side of the intake it has ALL PRO etched into the side of it, i have not pulled anything apart to look and see what kind of porting has been done to it. just curious if anyone has heard of this company/guy? Seems to run excellent across the board. Another thing ive never seen before is an extra radiator that is under the nose of the front plastics, it has about 5 tubes snaking back and forth with round fins coming off of it. just wondering if anyone knows where this came from (may not even be a banshee related part) i may try an post pics of it when i get the front plastics off. Anyway thanks for any info on etiher one

I remember AllPro. if i remember right,he was from MS. Was a hack,i DO remember that. In fact i remember driving 4-5 hrs to lay the smack down on one of his bikes because of all the interwebz smack taling at the time. It was a 404 and mine was a plain old 350. He was one of those "THINKS he knew it all" types,and talked bad about some of the PROVEN builders at that time ,,,

brian at allpro was a straight up hack, he was a member here, his portwork looked like stevie wonder ground the cylinders. but way back when my buddy got a set of cylinders done by him, he claimed 65 hp on pump gas, and they did make that. the motor ran for a long time.

^^^^ yep! it was brian! i couldn't remember his name. I had a set of his cyls in my had (that was about 13-14yrs ago mind you) and it was a crying shame what he did to them. The poor guy had spent all he could to get a "fast" bike done by AllPro,,and had crud for his hard earned $$$.

What bugged me the most about him,is that he would bad mouth guys like Dave Moore (MP Racing) and Dan Wade (Patriot Racing) and Brent Macmillen (Mac Racing) K&T,,all the good guys at the time....and it was obvious he didnt have proper tooling to do a nice job.

edit> he was in LA not MS

Damn that's not what I wanted to hear!! It's making its maiden voyage to the dunes tomorrow, I guess we'll see if really runs worth a shit on the sand.. And it did come from Mississippi, got the title with it. Maybe I'll just take a sharpie to his etch job :)

Damn that's not what I wanted to hear!! It's making its maiden voyage to the dunes tomorrow, I guess we'll see if really runs worth a shit on the sand.. And it did come from Mississippi, got the title with it. Maybe I'll just take a sharpie to his etch job

More often than not many of these hack motors have not lived and have been taken to a different builder and that builder has tried to do some damage control. Whether thats the case here or not I dont know. But most likely if its from that era and still running well its either been made to work better by someone or its one of the few that actually worked and lived. Either way run the shit outta it and have fun!

Exactly what N2O said ^^

I was going to clarify that im not doubting the longevity of the motor ( although the one i personally saw didnt have a much chamfer on the ports and was eating rings) its just the guy himself, his bad mouthing other builders, really was crappy. Then it was proved that he was doing that because his motors just couldnt keep up. So he dropped his prices to cater to the people who just couldnt afford a 250.00 port job.

But as far as your motor,,shoot,,if it runs,run it and have fun!! I really doubt its a "time bomb" or anything , for the reasons N2O stated above. Just dont expect to be king of the dunes,,unless its been re-worked. And it very well could have been.

I have seen a guy in Mississippi Donna auxilary radiator under the nose before and I think it was the guy who did your motor. It was when there were very little options in the aftermarket radiator market. What he did was install a slightly modified 250r three wheeler radiator in between the rails under the nose to add cooling capacity. I did the mod years ago and it did work but newer radiators are much better. Either way, that guy had good ideas for his time, but his mouth was equally as big.

This weekend I'm gonna swap the front fenders out with a set I have cut already, I'll snap a few pics while I've got em off, looks like an awesome idea if you rode in the blazing summer heat, learned a long time ago July and August trips to the dunes is for the birds..