Head rescue and rechamber

sicivicdude

Complaining... No. Telling you you don't know WTF you are doing and obviously talking about yes. Get correct tooling, and do a finish cut. Slow feed and speed with a light depth of cut. Also you should use some good cutting fluid.

I slowed it down with a carbide chip breaker tool bit installed. It still left tiny ridges from the forward feed which I felt the need to lap off.

Would it have worked well without the lapping? Probably. Is it as smooth now as the lapping stone? Definitely!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, your wife posted on blasterforum on October 5th that the machine arrived that afternoon.. I'm no mathmetician, but that equates to less than 6 weeks. No?

I figured you were watching blasterforum too when you said something about 6 weeks. That doesn't count any of the time with my lathe prior to that or any of the machining work I did before I got machines at home.

Edited by sicivicdude

Carbide chip breaker tool lol. WTF. You don't know about tooling. Do you know the difference between conventional and climb milling? Don't answer... I just don't want people thinking you are a good machinist when you are just a hack.

And that has...... what to do with this thread?

It's a indexable carbide insert tool with chip breaking edges as pictured.

I figured you were trolling blasterforum too when you said something about 6 weeks. That doesn't count any of the time with my lathe prior to that or any of the machining work I did before I got machines at home.

Trolling? Do you even know what trolling is? Trolling is you, on here, attempting to pass off your pseudo-amatuer product as something of significant value.

If you really want to know, I've recieved two PM's from blasterforum members now, with pictures of your "work", as well as both of them linking me to this thread. I won't be posting the pictures of the "work" because I'm not sure if that would identify the senders of them, however one of the photos depicts a "port job" you did on a blaster cyinder that is disgraceful.

http://www.blasterforum.com/off-topic-7/his-new-girlfriend-51018/

So this dude is from blasterforum and decided to come over here and brag? I applaud you for trying new things and being able to machine. I can machine but I call myself a hack when it comes down to it. Repairing a stock cylinder head is not the holy grail of banshee's. I doubt anybody with big money in a motor is gonna cheese out on a stock welded and recut head. I run a stock looking head with domes. You wanna be creative and test your ability? Put PD domes in your stock head.

Trolling? Do you even know what trolling is? Trolling is you, on here, attempting to pass off your pseudo-amatuer product as something of significant value.

If you really want to know, I've recieved two PM's from blasterforum members now, with pictures of your "work", as well as both of them linking me to this thread. I won't be posting the pictures of the "work" because I'm not sure if that would identify the senders of them, however one of the photos depicts a "port job" you did on a blaster cyinder that is disgraceful.

http://www.blasterfo...rlfriend-51018/

That is the thread where I got the new machine.

It's not exactly like I tried to hide who I am or what I do. I used the same screen name here as there.

Edited by sicivicdude

So this dude is from blasterforum and decided to come over here and brag? I applaud you for trying new things and being able to machine. I can machine but I call myself a hack when it comes down to it. Repairing a stock cylinder head is not the holy grail of banshee's. I doubt anybody with big money in a motor is gonna cheese out on a stock welded and recut head. I run a stock looking head with domes. You wanna be creative and test your ability? Put PD domes in your stock head.

I'm not "from" blasterforum any more than you are "from" BHQ. I am a member on both as well as E2S.

I'm not the one calling myself a machinst, read back through the thread. I simply posted the work I had done. I'm also not believing that someone with a 18mm DM engine is going to try and run a stock rechambered head. Only pointing out that stock heads have a lot of potential in them without running a pro design head.

Good upgrade for a regular trail banshee.

That is just called proper website layout and advertising, like we care. We polish every head before we send it out. Most any of our heads will look just like that picture. I am certainly not knocking anyone's work but let's not assume certain things. The head in that picture was a customer head that was shipped that same day.......About 500 heads ago......