What size dome cc should I run?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I ran 19's on 91 octane...Would rattle sparks plugs out on occasion but never melted down...ran like a raped ape for an unported stock stroke. If you want to stay with 22's I have a set in real good condition I have a set i would sell you for 35 shipped. I dont see any reason to waste money having custom domes cut for a stock stroke trail bike...just my 2 cents.

im doing a 4mil long rod build and i have 65mm pistons and ported cylinders and i have a cool head with 19cc domes i only have access to 93 octane fuel would i be good running the straight 93 or should i get some octane booster

im doing a 4mil long rod build and i have 65mm pistons and ported cylinders and i have a cool head with 19cc domes i only have access to 93 octane fuel would i be good running the straight 93 or should i get some octane booster

You can't be serious?

Did you do any research on this? Seems like you're about to piece together a few mismatched parts.

Who ported your cylinders? You better call them ASAP

• Like 1

You can't be serious?

Did you do any research on this? Seems like you're about to piece together a few mismatched parts.

Who ported your cylinders? You better call them ASAP

what parts are mismatched i need help im new to banshees do i need different size domes

what parts are mismatched i need help im new to banshees do i need different size domes

Your porting and domes and crank.

Who ever did this for you shoul have taken everything into account.

Do you have the correct Pistons for the rods?

Correct porting for the extra stroke?

4 mil cranks need "custom" domes. Whoever ported your motor should know what domes you need.

If this person dosent know you better box everything up and send it off to a sponsor.

Your porting and domes and crank.

Who ever did this for you shoul have taken everything into account.

Do you have the correct Pistons for the rods?

Correct porting for the extra stroke?

4 mil cranks need "custom" domes. Whoever ported your motor should know what domes you need.

If this person dosent know you better box everything up and send it off to a sponsor.

i have 795 pistons and you dont have to have ported cylinders for a 4mil i got the cylinders used alredy ported i just need to know wat size domes i need for my cool head to run 93 gas

i have 795 pistons and you dont have to have ported cylinders for a 4mil i got the cylinders used alredy ported i just need to know wat size domes i need for my cool head to run 93 gas

You don't have to do anything. But see why I said you have mismatched parts.

So you need to figure out what you have. I'd suggest you send it off to a builder. They usually make domes depending on port style.

A MX motor will have different domes then a drag motor.

The porting needs to be done for a 4 mil, if they were previously ported for a stock motor, the port levels will be incorrect, running a thicker base gasket will jerry rig it in to working, but you would make far more power with a properly portted set of cylinders, and a set of domes ground for 4 mil.

Also - you cannot "re-port" a previously ported motor to convert it to 4mil porting, they need to be virgin jugs ;)

You don't have to do anything. But see why I said you have mismatched parts.

So you need to figure out what you have. I'd suggest you send it off to a builder. They usually make domes depending on port style.

A MX motor will have different domes then a drag motor.

im confused i was told that i could use ordinary cool head domes

The porting needs to be done for a 4 mil, if they were previously ported for a stock motor, the port levels will be incorrect, running a thicker base gasket will jerry rig it in to working, but you would make far more power with a properly portted set of cylinders, and a set of domes ground for 4 mil.

Also - you cannot "re-port" a previously ported motor to convert it to 4mil porting, they need to be virgin jugs ;)

but you dont have ported cyllinders to run a 4 mil