tieing down banshee

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doesn't matter, i mean don't go and bottom them out having them so damn tight is all.

Snug the ratchets up and check every stop, good to go. ththefinger11.gif

This is an actually somewhat useful post I think. I've always tied off to a I guess you could say "unsprung" part on the quad. Spindle, or control arm next to the spindle, and usually axle or somewhere around the carrier. I figured the quad with no one on it shouldn't bounce as much goin down the road as it does with my fat ass on it. That leaves no chance for things to move around when the suspension does move and takes tension off a strap. Keeps the wheels planted on the trailer.

Any thoughts?

Seems like it's common sense , I've got 800 bucks in suspension and I use 3 straps if it's on a flatbed , only 2 if it's in my truck . Loading the suspension a little isn't going to hurt a thing .

I always clamp the front down by the frame and put some pressure on it......don't compress it all though. Then the rear I always tie it down by the rear axle. I always keep the quad in gear and shut the fuel off also. I've seen goofy things happen when you keep fuel lines on while trailering.......hell......even seen a modified sled fill an entire exhaust from overflowing carbs when it got trailed with the fuel on.

I used to just strap mine down real good on my open end trailer but the noid in me used to pull over at least a couple times to check the straps on long hauls.

Do your self a favor and add a back to it. I drilled 4 holes and simply bolted a piece of 5" oak to the back.

The piece of mind is priceless.