I did "search" before posting. Please help.

Mr..Red

After doing a search online and asking a few people I cant not get a solid responce. I have seen online that the "cool heads"

are a very well talked about topic.

Ill keep it short and sweet and hope to get some info.

2002 banshee

cool built heads

t5' exhaust

stock rad and over flow tank.

I picked it up and rode it one time and it seemed fine. I took out again this past weekend for

some good riding and I had noticed the over-flow tube for the coolant was dripping....

I had added coolant to the back tank before going out which was probably the wrong thing to

do but i was in a rush to ride ( who isnt ) and I was curious if the rear over-flow tank was

low due to the quad having "cool built heads".

Do the cool heads require less coolant ? Is this possible....?

I almost felt like all the coolant I added pissed out the over-flow tube that is up front

by the rad...

PLEASE PLEASE HELP........................... thanks guys. From the noob on here. lol.

The cool head actualy holds more coolant than a stocker. If your losing coolant by the overflow tube at the radiator then you have a hose or radiator leak. Check the radiator to see if it is full and then your hose routing, the overflow from the radiator goes to the bottom nipple of the overflow bottle and the top nipple on the bottle goes to the ground.

Thanks guys....

The coolant was coming from a small coolant line and it wasnt dripping all the time.

Im going to look into it more this weekend...I hope. due to working 24.7

When I did open the rad I did NOT see any coolant at the top.

Should I top off the Rad when its cold and then run it and see what happens ?

I didnt see any other "leaks" other than the over-flow tube that was routed

right obove the right side exhaust.

That overflow tank should be empty when your bike is cold, and the radiator is full. It's not a coolant "reservoir". It's simply an overflow to keep the tree huggers happy. Nonetheless, most of us throw those bottles away, and let the bikes piss coolant onto the ground because we're hardcore like that.

x3 on the lean condition, and I'm adding a "bad cap" to that... Try replacing your cap once you've determined your jetting is not lean.

Thanks... I was reading that a lot of people ditch the over-flow bottle in the back.

If that should be empty when cold then it would make sence why it would be pissing it out...no ?

Like a dumbass I added coolant in the back to the "FULL" line cause I was to lazy and

wanting to ride to to take the front plastics off to check the rad...

So would that make sence that it was pissing out all the coolant I added to the back ?

I found this - http://kuoi.com/~john/tips.html ,I had the same problem this past weekend at the dunes.When I top a dune I sit downhill waiting on the wife., my bike was not hot but dribbled out the overflow. The reservoir was half full and the radiator was full. I didn't understand how it would puke out the overflow hose when the bottle was not full. I also have T5's and a Coolhead. I think the tank and hose placement is a bad design explained by this attachment. I'm also just sure it is a Recirculating system since the hose from the radiator is on the bottom and the drain hose comes off the top and is made to drip on the right pipe so you can smell it. but I have read to the contrary.

Well the location that I was riding in when it happened was in the mountains of P.A.

Far as the jets Im not sure to be honest. The bike was piped and jetted when I bough it.

Far as the link to the write up I also came across that when I did a search.

Seems like a simple fix for an idea. I cant wait till I get a little more time

on my hands to really get into my new toy.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP AND IDEAS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated.