Mystery Noise..

Man-O-Steele

Bikes been making this noise for quite a while. the only time it makes the noise is when its on a real low idle. if i barely touch the trottle the noise goes away. i checked the flywheel and it is fine. it kind of sounds like the noise is in the case directly behind the sprocket. bike has oil in it and no metal shavings in in the oil. the bike runs and shifts fine. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the top end is pretty fresh. i had it ported by fast and bought pistons and rings at the same time. i have a feeling its a trans problem. i just dont see why it goes away with a touch of the trottle. i was just hoping that someone on here has had the same issue in the past.

the top end is pretty fresh. i had it ported by fast and bought pistons and rings at the same time. i have a feeling its a trans problem. i just dont see why it goes away with a touch of the trottle. i was just hoping that someone on here has had the same issue in the past.

IMO , Take engine out and disassemble. Problem should be obvious.

Edited by FREAKSHOW

Mine does the exact same noise....low idle only. If I up the idle it goes away. I have bumped up my idle slightly and the majority of the noise disappeared. It drives me nuts. I will tell you I have a fresh 4 mil stock cylinder motor, and replaced my transmission with one of Camatv's cut ones....noise still there. Replaced the idler bushing with a FAST replacement....noise still there. New clutch plates and fibers from TUSK too. Only thing I haven't changed is the clutch basket and pressure plate. I'm thinking it may have some play in it but I realy don't think that's my noise. I almost think its from something rattling on the kicker gear or idler gear but have been unable to diagnose the problem. I hope you find out what it is because I would love to fix mine 100%. Good luck...hopefully you don't have to replace the parts I did because it didn't cure my problem and I'm still chasing it down.