best suspension for ice

mhoksch

ha, right. lump the newbie in with your "ice god". That's jsut doesn't seem like much fun to me. Although it would be a good learning experience.

Either of you ever have any work done by Passion? Was looking at them for my porting since they seem to be about the only ones not specializing in dune/drag setups. I've got pretty much everything but pistons and a head sitting in my basement waiting to be built. Then I'm trying to find another frame and build a second shee using my existing motor. Hopefully I can talk my gf into riding with me

I have a passion 4 mil. Holy fuck! It runs! If you want a set of stock cyls done, Jim is your guy. His turn around times are getting back to normal and he definitely stands behind his work. My bike is pretty much built for mid top, but yet it pulls way hard from the bottom with minimal effort due to the way the compression and timing work. His work just looks like a CNC machine did it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a passion 4 mil. Holy fuck! It runs! If you want a set of stock cyls done, Jim is your guy. His turn around times are getting back to normal and he definitely stands behind his work. My bike is pretty much built for mid top, but yet it pulls way hard from the bottom with minimal effort due to the way the compression and timing work. His work just looks like a CNC machine did it.

Did you go with the 12 port? I think next month I'll be getting in touch with Jim so I'll have enough time to get it all set up the way I want it before we get ice.

Did you go with the 12 port? I think next month I'll be getting in touch with Jim so I'll have enough time to get it all set up the way I want it before we get ice.

Yeah it is a 12 port. It runs way harder then other motors I've ran with similar durations. It comes right back on the power when you let it fall out of the revs and can just lift the front end pretty much whenever. If you are serious about having a motor done by anyone, you need to do it now. About 3 months till ice and that's not to much time.

who did the porting on the shee you have now??

I have no idea, when I bought it the guy claimed that it's 4mil and ported... I kinda think he was talking out his ass. Either that or a DIY port job maybe. It's not nearly fast enough so I'm just redoing it all the right way