421 Serval plug Chop. Opinions.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very similar setup as you do 421 serval cpi sb inframes, +4 timing, etc..... Mine also seems to like smaller jets its kinda strange but im using 34mm munkui tm carbs. Still havnt got mine tuned fully but ill let you know what i come up with. Also let me know if u come up with anything else.

Will do. The only guess I can come up with is weak spark. I don't even think its week but who knows. I have a good tested oem stator. I switched to a nology over stock. I have another flywheel comming just in case. I took my whole wire harness apart and soldered any connections and tested all the wires. The only thing left would be a new cdi. From what I've read they don't get weak they just fail. Might try one for piece of mind. I have good compression 164 on both and no leak at all on a leak down test. Maybe the carbs who knows. Maybe porting. Might add another ground as well.

Edited by 2004LEBanshee

I'm having a problem with jetting too. I'm running a 4mil serval ported by fast with 22cc domes running race fuel(110) and have 178psi in each cylinder. I have 35mm a/s pwk with 158main and 50pilot. I'm at about 600ft. Haven't had the cover off but believe it was set at +4 timing. Needless to say, I am blowing black ass oil out of everywhere in the exhaust. Any seam hole rivet end cap I mean everywhere. And I'm not taking a little spray, after a couple hours of riding you can actually watch oil drip from the rivets in the silencers. It doesn't run bad, feels like it pulls real good but I had a stock motor with pipes and reeds before this. Oh yeah and I'm running r2 pipes. Do you guys have any idea what it could be?

I'm having a problem with jetting too. I'm running a 4mil serval ported by fast with 22cc domes running race fuel(110) and have 178psi in each cylinder. I have 35mm a/s pwk with 158main and 50pilot. I'm at about 600ft. Haven't had the cover off but believe it was set at +4 timing. Needless to say, I am blowing black ass oil out of everywhere in the exhaust. Any seam hole rivet end cap I mean everywhere. And I'm not taking a little spray, after a couple hours of riding you can actually watch oil drip from the rivets in the silencers. It doesn't run bad, feels like it pulls real good but I had a stock motor with pipes and reeds before this. Oh yeah and I'm running r2 pipes. Do you guys have any idea what it could be?

You are WAY TOO RICH for airstrikers. I run 160 main, 45 pilot, CEL middle clip with my setup (in sig). Air strikers produce a stronger vacuum signal across the main jet circuit, so a smaller main is used. I would start with 150 main, 45 pilot, and CEL on middle clip and jet (probably down) from there.

Ok I thought it was rich still but didn't know how much. Shit I started at like a 175 main lol.

Yeah, with the A/S pwk's you definitely will end up with way leaner jetting then the guys with regular pwk's. I bet you might be about a 45/48 pilot with a 152 main. God speed on the needle selection with those though. You will be on your own. If you are at Phil's I might have a few different sets you can try

Yeah, with the A/S pwk's you definitely will end up with way leaner jetting then the guys with regular pwk's. I bet you might be about a 45/48 pilot with a 152 main. God speed on the needle selection with those though. You will be on your own. If you are at Phil's I might have a few different sets you can try

Yeah I'll be at Phil's. I'm bringing everything I have for jetting and needles. Maybe you could give me a hand with it. I'm not the greatest at reading plugs. Lol

Just an update.... I dropped my main from a 158 to a 155 and it's a complete different machine. Still stoking a lot and blowing oil but not as bad. Didn't have room to do a plug chop on it but will be doing one soon. I think I still might be kinda fat.

Just an update.... I dropped my main from a 158 to a 155 and it's a complete different machine. Still stoking a lot and blowing oil but not as bad. Didn't have room to do a plug chop on it but will be doing one soon. I think I still might be kinda fat.

Next time...probably a good idea to start your own thread, you kinda jacked this one.

I had to do a double take/read from the OP to your thread.

The OP...your plugs look good to be honest.

If you have time, pull the head. See what the piston wash and pattern look like.