421 cub plug pics...

mike0chek

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let us know what you find. i may try 50 pilots too.

finally got my jets in the mail, put some 50 pilots in and it jumps into the powerband much better, pretty sure if i turn my air screws out to 3 turns out it will be runnin perfect! i have a 162 main in it now and it rips up top, seems high compared to alot of people on here but runs great

finally got my jets in the mail, put some 50 pilots in and it jumps into the powerband much better, pretty sure if i turn my air screws out to 3 turns out it will be runnin perfect! i have a 162 main in it now and it rips up top, seems high compared to alot of people on here but runs great

what do the plugs look like now?

usually around 25-30 degrees cel. tryed getting my elevation from google earth and got 80ft, not sure if thats right. the 160 main feels good up top. sizing pilot jets is pretty new to me and 52 is the smallest i have now, ill have to play with my air screws and see if theres any difference, im at 2 turns out now. let me know how you make out, seems odd that were both getting hesitation with the diff size pilots. have you tried moving your needle clip?

Theres an elevation finder pinned in this thread it works great, check it out might help.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys just gettin my cub dialed in and was looking for some opinions, 35mm carbs with 160 mains and clip in middle of needle. im getting a strong hesitation right before the powerband. is this something that can be fixed by adjusting needle height??? if i rev it past the hesitation it hauls ass all the way to the end of the gear.

1000243wj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My plugs look alot like yours, I don't have enough room to do a proper plug chop without running through cow shit . I need to haul it somewhere I can open it up. I'm running 172 mains,52 pilot and cel mid clip in 39pwks. This is a drag ported cub though, Kevin at HJR said that the 52 is the proper pilot and was adamate about not changing it or the needle, clip position and mains can be changed. It may be a little rich but does not bog or hesitate and flat out screams, this may just be something with the drag setup idk. I don't want to change too much but don't want to carbon up stuff either. :confused:

52 pilots, there def too fat but the bike will idle with the idle screws turned all the way in.

The idle screws being ALL THE WAY IN , as well as a stumble down low tells you that you are pretty rich down low. Go down on pilot and you may want to LEAN out your needle a notch NOT richen it up and your stumble will probably be a thing of the past. Go down on pilot and sync the caebs if you havent and you should have to turn the idle screws way out to get it to idle down.

The idle screws being ALL THE WAY IN , as well as a stumble down low tells you that you are pretty rich down low. Go down on pilot and you may want to LEAN out your needle a notch NOT richen it up and your stumble will probably be a thing of the past. Go down on pilot and sync the caebs if you havent and you should have to turn the idle screws way out to get it to idle down.

ive got 50's in it now and it runs great.

• 2 weeks later...