Installing Baby cub and crank

Finch

Finch. Im being totally nice here. No hard feelings ok. Here goes.

Check deck height with no gasket. Check squish of domes. Pick a gasket that lands u where u wanna be as far as squish after u do the math. I hope that helps. Ur durations will move slightly with different gaskets but .012 should be as cast timings still. "should be" but i dont know ur setup.

I would let Stevie Wonder pick out paint for my house, let Jeffrey Dahlmer babysit my kid and let Rosie O'Donnell model a two piece bikini in front of me before I asked for your advice on motors or motor setup.

For someone who has never run anything other than a stock motor on pump gas...yeah, pump gas, you have nothing to offer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finch, a pair of 33PWK or 35PWK would would work with some Sniper or Shearer pipes on that motor. Yes...I realize what I just said. Throw CPI in the mix as well.

Whatever you get the best deal on.

I strongly suggest a cut tranny, doesn't have to be a full on override...but at least a cut tranny.

Simple lockup, your choice.

There are a few washers I'd replace, any washers that need to be bent/folded over. The countershaft nut washer and the one for your clutch/shifter adjustment arm to name a couple. Replace 'em.

Cheap insurance.

Get a pancake bearing.

While you're at it and it's apart, measure it for compression ratio.

Ton more info out there than this, just a few pointers.

Thanks daj already have pancake and all that. Main reason I threw cpis out there I've seen a few cubs run real hard. Good idea on the comp ratio. Sounds like if jarred will have me might be driving a whole lotta hours. Thanks for your input.

Thanks daj already have pancake and all that. Main reason I threw cpis out there I've seen a few cubs run real hard. Good idea on the comp ratio. Sounds like if jarred will have me might be driving a whole lotta hours. Thanks for your input.

Then again, I"m a slow poke, probably not the best person to take advice from...LOL.

Good luck. Friends like the ones I have are the reason I want to build again. The drama over the weekend is a reason I got out.

Hopefully you find more of the first!!

Then again, I"m a slow poke, probably not the best person to take advice from...LOL.

Good luck. Friends like the ones I have are the reason I want to build again. The drama over the weekend is a reason I got out.

Hopefully you find more of the first!!

Ive seen alot of good advice given by you. as for the cub its just got a clean up should be here on weds. was leaning towards a 4 mill set up but deal on this cub was good so grabbed it.For now itll have t5s and stock carbs i know not prime setup but until i sell the crank and ported jugs that are in it now no extra cash at the moment. only got one trip planed for riding the rest of the year then got all winter to put what i want on it. and again thanks for your input

motor in took it to the dunes today ran good. was real rich gonna go out and tune it within the week

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd473/mikefi01shee/?action=view&current=EGHV0012.mp4 <---few passes screwing around with bigred350 did well against his cheetah cant wait till its all tuned up timing at +5 squish at .052 jared did a great job and helping me putting it together. still has stock carbs and t5s till i find something diff. 32 hours 14 of driving 1-2 of riding rest putting the motor together with a lil bit of food and sleep in there

http://s1221.photobu...nt=EGHV0008.mp4

also im still at stock gearing 14-41 any suggest on hill shooting and a lil bit of riding around?

PART_1345264137434.jpg

IMG_20120817_235107-1.jpg

how jared gets his bikes to the dunesIMG_20120818_112614.jpg

IMG_20120818_145304.jpg

Finch. Im being totally nice here. No hard feelings ok. Here goes.

Check deck height with no gasket. Check squish of domes. Pick a gasket that lands u where u wanna be as far as squish after u do the math. I hope that helps. Ur durations will move slightly with different gaskets but .012 should be as cast timings still. "should be" but i dont know ur setup.

I never thought of trying it that way

Edited by Burt Reynolds

Cool riding area...where is that ? Killpecker Dunes ?