shearer sb inframes

dozer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll be dipped in dog shit...

the worst part is i bought 50 ft of heat wrap, 4 cut off wheel blades, paid for half the bottle of argon and drove 20 minutes to the guy who was gonna make sure they fit without hitting everything or burning the air filters. i didnt know if i should be excited or pissed off.

the worst part is i bought 50 ft of heat wrap, 4 cut off wheel blades, paid for half the bottle of argon and drove 20 minutes to the guy who was gonna make sure they fit without hitting everything or burning the air filters. i didnt know if i should be excited or pissed off.

No worries.. There are at least 10 guys on BansheeHQ that will need that stuff. Just sell it to them to recover your costs.

Upp intakes fit closer to the cilinders giving u more Clarence also the new shearers are double o ring and fit very nice my brother just got a set

Clarence who? :rotflmao:

No worries.. There are at least 10 guys on BansheeHQ that will need that stuff. Just sell it to them to recover your costs.

so what do you think about the fit around the filters? ive never had my hands on the older shearers but ive seen a bunch of pics of melted outerwears, filters and chokes. you think maybe the stinger tube has been redesigned? side note: kinda cool for a moderator to not run around banning everyone that disagrees with him.

the setup is cerval cylinders, upp intakes, 35 pwk carbs and 6" filters that jeff sent me.

It's funny that we don't hear anything about the different intakes. That makes a huge difference. Especially for the guys using the big ass internal crossover billet ones. The couple I had pushed the carbs up and back. I fought that even with the snipers. I'd think using the upp type intakes would be the hot ticket as long as you have clutch arm clearance. Pretty well any intake with aluminum in it is gonna space the carbs back and could potentially give clearance problems with the wrong combination. That's something I never gave any consideration and nobody said squat to me about. Funny it's not a little more common knowledge. Pipe builders should be able to tell you which intakes you'll have luck with and which ones would possibly have clearance issues. If not its something that they oughta put a little time towards before we all start running our mouths about which pipes fit and which ones don't.

The head clearance issue is a whole other can of worms that is just stupid. Can't argue that one.

It's funny that we don't hear anything about the different intakes. That makes a huge difference. Especially for the guys using the big ass internal crossover billet ones. The couple I had pushed the carbs up and back. I fought that even with the snipers. I'd think using the upp type intakes would be the hot ticket as long as you have clutch arm clearance. Pretty well any intake with aluminum in it is gonna space the carbs back and could potentially give clearance problems with the wrong combination. That's something I never gave any consideration and nobody said squat to me about. Funny it's not a little more common knowledge. Pipe builders should be able to tell you which intakes you'll have luck with and which ones would possibly have clearance issues. If not its something that they oughta put a little time towards before we all start running our mouths about which pipes fit and which ones don't.

The head clearance issue is a whole other can of worms that is just stupid. Can't argue that one.

Excellent point Dave.

makes since to me, ive never touched any of the aluminum intakes. with the stock bowls on the pwk's the clutch arm barely misses the bottom of the carb. thanks to the guys who posted the pics for me.

makes since to me, ive never touched any of the aluminum intakes. with the stock bowls on the pwk's the clutch arm barely misses the bottom of the carb. thanks to the guys who posted the pics for me.

why would you run any other pipe other then ones the put out the most hp and work the best and if you had problem with the fit its hard the find 2 banshee that are the same . i have a set of shearer and happy. it is funny that a few peps talk bad about them and are still trying to beat them lol

How about some pics up by the left-hand cylinder? I hope to god matt finially pulled his arrogant head out of his ass and fixed the god damn expansion chamber mounts so the left-hand expansion chamber doesn't smash against the head on the left cylinder. How about a pic looking down at the space between your left pipe and the head, and your upper pipe mount? The stingers never bug me much because I wrap them in header wrap. If you run billet bowls there is no way your upp intakes would work. You would have to run a reed spacer or billet intake that moved the carbs up and back, then the filters and chokes and shit would hit the stingers...

-Jared