4Mil/Port or Port only?

I was looking at HJR, FAST, & Wildcard. Kevin from HJR is the only person responding to my questions to unless something drastic happens he has my business...

I did this same thing when I was looking who I wantted to build my motor I emailed a few builder( site sponsors) at the same time with the same email and told my self who ever got back to me first had my business Kevin had me a email the same day and beat every one else by a long shot .. Do a 4 mill from Kevin you'll love it !! My old bolt on motor and yfz450 used to be close now there muiliple bike leagth between em

Call Cameron at Redling Racing, I spoke to him on the phone the other day for like 20min. He answered all my questions as well as gave me pointers, he continues to build stong motors and post results of what the motors are putting out that he ports. Consistancy is the key if you ask me and if your willing to prove that your motors are badass by posting dyno charts as well as speaking to clients on the phone for lengthy time. You have earned my buisness, as I will be send me cylinders to Cameron next week.

I was looking at HJR, FAST, & Wildcard. Kevin from HJR is the only person responding to my questions to unless something drastic happens he has my business...

I did this same thing when I was looking who I wantted to build my motor I emailed a few builder( site sponsors) at the same time with the same email and told my self who ever got back to me first had my business Kevin had me a email the same day and beat every one else by a long shot .. Do a 4 mill from Kevin you'll love it !! My old bolt on motor and yfz450 used to be close now there muiliple bike leagth between em

I would defenetly go with Kevin and HJR, i just got a fresh top end, adj. timing plate, crank and hradcore port job from him in and it is AWESOME! I would recommend him to anyoneand he gave me a great deal on everything and was able to answer all of my many questions. Go with Kevin you wont be disappointed!!!

How much does a 4 mill and port job cost roughly? I plan on doing something similiar during the winter. Just wanna know roughly how much I need to save. Will be a woods/mx port, with a 4 mill. Dont wanna have to call and waste their time , when it wont be for about 6 months.

This will give you a good idea on porting costs

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/services.asp

First and fore most. I wouldn't even consider Email as a form of contact when your building a motor. Do you realize how many dreamers email site sponcers wanting to know how much stuff costs, discussing options, ect and never get back to them when it is time to pay up. If you want to be taken serious by people you have to pickup the phone. How do you know your really talking to who you think you are? Your only limiting your self by not picking up the phone. These are buisy guys and dont have time to sit around the computer, and phone waiting for emails, and calls to come in.

#2. The 4 mill makes for a stronger midragne because it gives the conecting rods more leverage since the crank journals are moved farther out from the center line of the crank. It is like using a longer cheater bar on a tight bolt. You have two options when it comes to the stonger midrange. You can keep all the extra power in the midrange where it is at and have a good trail / midrange machine. Or you can give the power back in the form of more agressive porting to gain top end, but still maintain a good midrange. On a two stroke at some point your going to have to give power up some where to gain it some where else. So the extra midrange gain can be re invested in more top end but you will still have a stronger midrange than if you had no 4 mill crank.

josh

Call Cameron at Redling Racing, I spoke to him on the phone the other day for like 20min. He answered all my questions as well as gave me pointers, he continues to build stong motors and post results of what the motors are putting out that he ports. Consistancy is the key if you ask me and if your willing to prove that your motors are badass by posting dyno charts as well as speaking to clients on the phone for lengthy time. You have earned my buisness, as I will be send me cylinders to Cameron next week.

And that is the kind of comunication you get when you make a phone call.

How much does a 4 mill and port job cost roughly? I plan on doing something similiar during the winter. Just wanna know roughly how much I need to save. Will be a woods/mx port, with a 4 mill. Dont wanna have to call and waste their time , when it wont be for about 6 months.

Well you need the following.

Porting & Bore

Wiseco 795 Series Pistons

4mill Long Rod crank

4mill Cool Head Domes

Base & Clutch cover gaskets

Engine Seal Kit

Tube of Yamabond 4

Cool head (if you dont already have one)

You can also skip the stroker domes, and cool head and have your stock head setup for the 4mill, and what fuel you want to run.

I had a 4 mill stock port and the power band was at 2/3 throttle. My brothers stock shee was at 3/4 throttle. Kevin finished my 4 mill with his dune port. And my cul de sac test runs are too fast and I have to hit the brakes way sooner.

I would get the 4 mill then port but if you want to save money do it together.