Can pistons be ported?

Dude get a clue! It is physically impossible for you to know how to port an engine unless you're listed under site sponsors!

Haha, purely sarcastic. Obviously the "pros" are the best a what they do so yeah, putting your shit in a ups box and forking over dollars will make you about as fast as you wanna be.

However, I am pro sacrificial research. Even if you ruin 30 sets of cylinders, you will know more about porting then most any ol' average joe. If you feel, wait. If you know you are a competent individual who is able to grasp the concept of how a two storks really works and you are willing to accept a failure here and there. I'd say go for it. You ask these guys(Jeff, Kevin, Jim, Kim, etc.) and they will tell you that their biggest success was well down the road after several experiments gone awry.

Yes those guys do the best porting. I just wish every one wasn't so discouraging every time someone else is willing to give it a go. One day our current list of site sponsors will be gone and retired. Then who is gonna port our shit? I'm certainly not switching to a four stroke!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude get a clue! It is physically impossible for you to know how to port an engine unless you're listed under site sponsors!

Haha, purely sarcastic. Obviously the "pros" are the best a what they do so yeah, putting your shit in a ups box and forking over dollars will make you about as fast as you wanna be.

However, I am pro sacrificial research. Even if you ruin 30 sets of cylinders, you will know more about porting then most any ol' average joe. If you feel, wait. If you know you are a competent individual who is able to grasp the concept of how a two storks really works and you are willing to accept a failure here and there. I'd say go for it. You ask these guys(Jeff, Kevin, Jim, Kim, etc.) and they will tell you that their biggest success was well down the road after several experiments gone awry.

Yes those guys do the best porting. I just wish every one wasn't so discouraging every time someone else is willing to give it a go. One day our current list of site sponsors will be gone and retired. Then who is gonna port our shit? I'm certainly not switching to a four stroke!

Not to rain on your passion parade but I have been learning to do this myself the last few years and have piles of notes and junk to show for it already. I guaranfuckingtee hogging it out so it "looks like water flowing" will lead to an under performing piece of shit.

The reason tards get flamed is shit like this makes those of us who want to learn to do it right look bad. Wildcard thought it was cool I wanted to learn the ins and outs.

My bike can bee seen in the videos from last years bhq ride. Nothing to hide here.

I did my own port job on my gals 4-mill with trinity oof piipes and it turned out great :confused: I lifted the exhaust ports and opened the intakes for the look lol. I didn't get carried away with making the exhaust port too big or anything and the bike flat out rips. I guess I got lucky or I just didn't get to carried away with it. I have to change the gearing on it now because the power comes on so much different and revs what feels like to the moon. I think anyone can pick up a tool and do some good damage if they have some basic knowledge on 2-strokes, are you going to out run the pros probably not lol :notworthy:

I did my own port job on my gals 4-mill with trinity oof piipes and it turned out great :confused: I lifted the exhaust ports and opened the intakes for the look lol. I didn't get carried away with making the exhaust port too big or anything and the bike flat out rips. I guess I got lucky or I just didn't get to carried away with it. I have to change the gearing on it now because the power comes on so much different and revs what feels like to the moon. I think anyone can pick up a tool and do some good damage if they have some basic knowledge on 2-strokes, are you going to out run the pros probably not lol :notworthy:

And you wonder why Tyler keeps deleting your posts.

if you ruin 30 jugs, you didnt learn a damn thing along the way. further more, theres plenty of free knowledge out there of some of the do's and dont's

There is plenty of free knowledge out there. I watched several video's using the KOR templates. I copied as much as possible. I had a pro port my blaster cylinder and I also have that as a reference too. If it works great. If it doesn't then I will buy a set of pro ported cylinders.

There is plenty of free knowledge out there. I watched several video's using the KOR templates. I copied as much as possible. I had a pro port my blaster cylinder and I also have that as a reference too. If it works great. If it doesn't then I will buy a set of pro ported cylinders.

I ported my girlfriends. I can notice a difference. Did I jump 10 15 horse power? No. But the bike responds nice, and runs a little harder. I've got people that can vouch for that. Out riding, it put distance on a lot of bikes. I did the intakes transfers and matched the cases.

So I say good for you. It takes balls to start hacking up a set of cylinders.