banshee/yfz450 hybrid

It's been done a few times, they come out like shit, handle like shit ride like shit

Banshee motor throws them off balance, it's a terrible conversion

Overheating issues, spark plug access is a bitch Dam pipes look like dumbo ears

Keep the banshee motor in a banshee frame!

It's been done a few times, they come out like shit, handle like shit ride like shit

x2

I would have to dissagree with ya. There are a lot of shitty conversions, however there are some good conversions out there. It just so happens that most people aren't that good at fabrication yet still tackle a project like this. Camatv, loco,and a few others have gorgeous conversions, but they are also very detail oriented and good fabricators. There are quite a bit of them rolling around in Europe and some are just gay but some are flat out sick! The one that ran pikes peak the last two years is the only reason a banshee engine even has a chance of competing for victory at peak.

All in all, if you can weld a line of dimes, engineer in your head, and have a capable fab shop in your garage go for it. If you would need a buddy to do this, and a shop to do that, then don't bother. But if you are good, not just ok but GOOD, go for it.

I would have to dissagree with ya. There are a lot of shitty conversions, however there are some good conversions out there. It just so happens that most people aren't that good at fabrication yet still tackle a project like this. Camatv, loco,and a few others have gorgeous conversions, but they are also very detail oriented and good fabricators. There are quite a bit of them rolling around in Europe and some are just gay but some are flat out sick! The one that ran pikes peak the last two years is the only reason a banshee engine even has a chance of competing for victory at peak.

All in all, if you can weld a line of dimes, engineer in your head, and have a capable fab shop in your garage go for it. If you would need a buddy to do this, and a shop to do that, then don't bother. But if you are good, not just ok but GOOD, go for it.

this is very true... You should only do this conversion of you don't need a friend to weld and another friends shop.....

? No one I have talked too has complained about overheating. My runs fine in the florida heat. Build one ride one and then come up with an opinion. I agree spark plug clearance is a tight.

Spark plug clearance could be an issue if the motor is mounted high mine is good

ccb9d4a8.jpg

It doesn't ride like a banshee and the rear linkage resist wheelies.

IMG_0124.jpg

No over heating in glamis btw

I love mine I feel it is a huge improvement for riding dunes.

Before 6 gear felt like I was ongoing fast now I want to go faster every thing feeles more stable. Befor I had a long travel banshee.