Send the stock head off or buy an aftermarket?

I would get driveline to have a stock head cut to accept domes just because i like the stock look. I'm going to be redoing my super serval engine top end in a few weeks. I'm not looking forward to all the freakin orings. However a little oring safe grease to help them stay goes a long way in helping things stay put. I usually order two complete sets of orings so if i mess some up, i have a spare. Oring safe grease, tq wrench and a leak down tester are all i really use besides simple sockets/wrenches.

I screwed up my top end 3-4 times since i've owned my bike. Ruin domes every time for different reasons. Domes are cheaper than a new milled stock head to get you back to where you were.

Disclaimer: my bike came with a noss cool head long time ago so i never experienced the simplicity of a stock head.

I would get driveline to have a stock head cut to accept domes just because i like the stock look. I'm going to be redoing my super serval engine top end in a few weeks. I'm not looking forward to all the freakin orings. However a little oring safe grease to help them stay goes a long way in helping things stay put. I usually order two complete sets of orings so if i mess some up, i have a spare. Oring safe grease, tq wrench and a leak down tester are all i really use besides simple sockets/wrenches.

I screwed up my top end 3-4 times since i've owned my bike. Ruin domes every time for different reasons. Domes are cheaper than a new milled stock head to get you back to where you were.

Disclaimer: my bike came with a noss cool head long time ago so i never experienced the simplicity of a stock head.

Don't tell me you RRL'D your super already!?

• Like 3

send the stocker off to be cut for domes, then send it to me.

20160511_210849_zpsg96o0roz.jpg

You do an awesome job. You're good at what you do, no doubt. It's not easy getting shitty aluminum to look like that.

P.s. this winter I am sending you a box of shit to polish, if not a few.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so what did you end up doing? I somehow ended up with the same dilemma however the cool head is almost free. I decided to stick with stock modified my last cool head blew one oring or another 4 different times. My 250r head seems to go through an oring every season. that one particularly pisses me off because they ( i wont say who) charges me $27 an oring.