T5's vs shearers

possum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt there are some bikes that may be better lowend with the T5s but most will be better with the shearers. You could port a bike specifically like the T5s and not the shearers and some builders setups may not like em but many will. I had a motor a few years ago with T5s that made 79hp up top and had no lowend at all. They seem to like lower port timing or they will act like a drag pipe, they just wont have nearly as much topend.

I am glad this topic came up, im getting some cylinders ported and thought about switching from the t-5s to either shears or cpi's.

i have a dune/play port!! i have t5s on it and it pulls very hard everywhere!! i just bought shearers thinking that it would pull even better!! well that was a 700.00 mistake!! sure the shearers pull harder on the big end.. but i lost so much bottom end and a big part of mid range!! i put the t5s back on!! i was not willing to sacrifice so much bottom and mid range for the better top end!! now im not saying that shearers are a bad pipe or that they wont work for you.. but they just did not agree with my set up or riding style!!

so will we be seeing a for sale thread on your shearer pipes then??

i have a 4 mil dune port and i love the shearers. they pull and rev to the moon! :headbang: shees dont have good bottom end anyway. they produce their h.p. through high rpm. why not make what they are good at even better? :confused: learn to ride on the pipe :bolt: haha im jk bro to each his own but i love my shearers!

so will we be seeing a for sale thread on your shearer pipes then??

i have a 4 mil dune port and i love the shearers. they pull and rev to the moon! :headbang: shees dont have good bottom end anyway. they produce their h.p. through high rpm. why not make what they are good at even better? :confused: learn to ride on the pipe :bolt: haha im jk bro to each his own but i love my shearers!

Already sold them to a buddy that has a cub