need help out of ideas

Ok guys I have a 98 shee with a K&T 4mill stock cylinder, coolhead 18cc cut domes, 35.5mm mikuni flats and cpi inframes I bought about a month ago from a friend and the engine only has prolly 10 hrs total on it and it dont fire right on the left cylinder at an idle and a little off idle but it rips great when you give it the gas and seems to fire great when rippin it. I have checked everything I can think of it has good fire and switched out cdi the stator isnt that old, I have cleaned carbs extensively and resynced, checked reeds it has vforce3 it has 165# compression both sides and not coolant burning or lose and the filters are clean and the timing is set at 5. Any ideas would help thanks in advance

How old are ur spark plug boots? Try switching them around. Also if u have powder coated frame did u chase all ur threads for ur cdi coil and ect?? I had this problem once , Jeff ended up chasing all the threads and it was all good

I dont have a sync tool but I spent prolly an hour by eye and the slide both are flush with carb opening at the same time and they both start to open the same and air screws are both at two turns out and 50 pilots with 340 Mains float height good and idle is set the same on both carbs

I dont have a sync tool but I spent prolly an hour by eye and the slide both are flush with carb opening at the same time and they both start to open the same and air screws are both at two turns out and 50 pilots with 340 Mains float height good and idle is set the same on both carbs

Have you checked your needle clip positions? I had a problem recently with a bottom end miss and it turned out i had the needles set too high and was running too rich right off idle. I have stock carbs so i dont know much about the carbs your running but it might pay to try lowering your needles one clip position and try it.

Tried the needle its all the way down and I neex to jet the main down some but I would like to get this issue solved before I tune for best performance

Try going down one size on your main, if that cures it then start raising your needle until its too rich again. Once your there then you can just lower your needle back down one clip pos. and you should be close to the best performance.

I find someone with the sync tool as I had an issue like this after I rebuilt my carbs. Grabbed my FAST sync tool and checked and it was the idle was turned down too low on the left carb....turned it and synced both carbs and it straightened everything out...

have you checked the wireing harness with a contenuity tester might have a nick in it. and why do you have cpi inframes on a stock cylinder jugs doesnt make sence to me.

I find someone with the sync tool as I had an issue like this after I rebuilt my carbs. Grabbed my FAST sync tool and checked and it was the idle was turned down too low on the left carb....turned it and synced both carbs and it straightened everything out...

x2. that is prob what will fix your problem since it runs fine when you give it gas or ride it.

and why do you have cpi inframes on a stock cylinder jugs doesnt make sence to me.

i beleive he said he bought it about a month ago off a friend so thats prob why.

98shee4mm..... i would highly suggest porting your cylinders since you are already 4 mil and have pretty good pipes carbs ect. its the missing link in that build! it will make a big difference. call kev at hjr or jeff at fast. they do excellent work. you wont be disappointed that you did when its all together. you can also get a carb sync tool from jeff at fast

Edited by bluebanshee98