good enough to beat 450s?

hitman44

banghead

lol.... what build will work for you all depends on the track..

I got a stock stroke built for oval's mostly and its not even close to enough to what I need to leave a beating on most of the 4pokes there....

Ive seen cubs come and go due to the touchy power band....

If your serious about it... you need a solid base mid that wont be hard to get on and stay on the pipe along with a mean ass top end to really put some lenghts between you and the peeps behind you...

Out of all my research I did.... my options came to a few different set ups....

Budget wise... the cheapest way to go was the serval.... with a good clean up and some pipes to compliment it that would focus not just on Peak HP... such as some PC's.... shears would work ofcrouse depending on the track as welll ( Im saying PC's because i saw a dyno on here on a serval that pulled some damn nice numbers with them)

If you got the cash... your best bet is to build a nice solid PV cheetah... that would be the best route to go imo and by far.... stroker size all depends on preference... though the bigger the stroke the more tq your going to have to work with.....

also.... T6's pipes are great for stock base banshee's.... every pipe has its place...... except for DG's they just suck

The serval would be nice, not much worth it for the guy with a solid ported 4 mil motor already, but a cheetah would take care of any one. The next motor going in my bike will definitely be a 485 cheetah. That will do more then put distance between a banshee and 4 poke. I wish we could get a good out of the box chassis again with out paying big bucks for the LSR or Laeger setups. Beating a 4 stroke motor to motor is not hard but competing with their light weight and nimble handling carachteristics is the problem. The banshees held their own over the pokers on pikes peak till 09 when they let the pokers get crazy with the motors. Once they had 2/3 of the power of the banshees and ultra light chassis, the two stroke reign began to fade. However there was a yfz450 with a cheetah motor that fared pretty well and it would be nice to see it dominate

banghead

lol.... what build will work for you all depends on the track..

I got a stock stroke built for oval's mostly and its not even close to enough to what I need to leave a beating on most of the 4pokes there....

Ive seen cubs come and go due to the touchy power band....

If your serious about it... you need a solid base mid that wont be hard to get on and stay on the pipe along with a mean ass top end to really put some lenghts between you and the peeps behind you...

Out of all my research I did.... my options came to a few different set ups....

Budget wise... the cheapest way to go was the serval.... with a good clean up and some pipes to compliment it that would focus not just on Peak HP... such as some PC's.... shears would work ofcrouse depending on the track as welll ( Im saying PC's because i saw a dyno on here on a serval that pulled some damn nice numbers with them)

If you got the cash... your best bet is to build a nice solid PV cheetah... that would be the best route to go imo and by far.... stroker size all depends on preference... though the bigger the stroke the more tq your going to have to work with.....

also.... T6's pipes are great for stock base banshee's.... every pipe has its place...... except for DG's they just suck

well i should throw my 2 sents in

iv been racing the cma for 7 years now

i run a 10 mill cub built by dan hall at a&s racing iv been blowing big 4 stroke out of the park with my set up on the big half mile track ( lime stone)

i also raced at welland county motorcycle club 1/8 mile clay NO BANKING

i bought a dyna box ignition system and had dan program to iginton peakes one for the top horse power 111.5 hp to the rear axle ( dan uses a single wheele banshee frame for a motorcycle dyno

the 10 mill made 64.8 tq and 111.5 at 9800 rpm

so when i go to the small track the igintion is switched to the lower horese power rating for roughly 80 - 85 horse and let me tell you the is no power band at all

i can roll the throttle just like the 4 stroke to make it hook up iv talked to many top riders in the cma

they all say as soon as you hit 90 hp your making to much power and its hard to make it hook up

i havent raced a high banked oval (clay) but as anyone else that has raced they will tell you setup and tunning will give you the best answer

so basicly what im trying to say go out and race and find out what you need you wont get a perfect setup on banshee hq for reading fourms it will point you in the right direction BUT you wont find out till you hit the track

a stock stroke and bore with a set of pipes wont get you the finish line first against a couple of buit 450's

• 4 weeks later...

Well what motor work.. I don't think the t6 pipes are the best choice for a banshee.. But there better then stock... If it clean it sea like a good base to start, then you can always port and change pipes and what not...

Are there pictures? 3600 seems high to me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're just stupid.