good enough to beat 450s?

hitman44

i was just woundering if this setup would be good enough to keep up with the 450s and one 505 4 stroke that race at my local track. i found this shee already built and ready to race for a dam good price. it doesnt say what gearing it has now. but i was woundering if anyone might know a good starting point with this setup for an 1/8th mile med banked track.....

VITOS SUPER STOCK RACE PISTON KIT (STOCK BORE), VITOS FLYWHEEL KEY (TIMING ADVANCE), SRP COOL HEAD WITH 21CC DOMES RUNS ON PUMP GAS, ALSO HAVE RACE GAS 17CC DOMES FOR IT. VITOS RACE REED VALVE KIT, VITOS 34 MM INTAKE BOOTS, 2 KEIHIN 34 MM RACE CARBS, 2 K & N AIR FILTERS & OUTERWEARS (AIR BOX REMOVED), TOMMEY T-6 EXHAUST SYSTEM, HYDRO DYNAMIC +2 A-ARMS, DURABLUE REAR LOWERING KIT, DURABLUE FRONT SWAY BAR KIT, SRP REAR WHEEL ADAPTERS, FRONT SHOCKS SHORTENED, HOSSIER TIRES ALL AROUND ON DOUGLAS RIMS..,AFTERMARKET FRONT AND REAR BUMPER. SRP REAR BRAKE BLOCK OFF PLATE, AFTERMARKET SKID PLATE , RENTHAL CHAIN, FRONT & REAR NUMBER PLATES, AC PRO- PEG NERF BARS WITH BLACK NETS, SHAVED FRONT FENDERS (RACE STYLE).

any info woul dbe a huge help...thanks guys

Probably not. It's a very basic bike. I'm not a flat track guy at all. So the body may be kick ass, but the motor is lightly modded. If you want a decent motor I'd keep the jugs and go 4 mil and port. Different pipes and ditch the super stock pistons since they dint work well with porting. But like I said I'm no flat track racer. So for all I know that motor I said could fucking blow for flat track.

Well what motor work.. I don't think the t6 pipes are the best choice for a banshee.. But there better then stock... If it clean it sea like a good base to start, then you can always port and change pipes and what not...

Are there pictures? 3600 seems high to me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well what motor work.. I don't think the t6 pipes are the best choice for a banshee.. But there better then stock... If it clean it sea like a good base to start, then you can always port and change pipes and what not...

Are there pictures? 3600 seems high to me..

it is the best pipe for a stock banshee engine. you really prove to be more and more of a idiot every post you make.

it is the best pipe for a stock banshee engine. you really prove to be more and more of a idiot every post you make.

my t5 felt a lot better then the t6 I tired one weekend on my bike... Felt like the t6 choked the motor, wouldent let it rev out

Sounds like a good starting point at least. I dont know shit about flat track but sounds like it will work. I dont know if the chasis mods are the half assed way to go or the correct way to go for TT. Without seeing the quad, that price is a little high imo. I had T-6 pipes on a pretty much stock motor and it ran good. If you could get the price down, sounds decent.

The $3800 price tag is a little on the high side, but the pic you posted shows a fairly clean set up and it would be more then a good start. Give each cylinder a compression test to see what kind of life is left on that top end. Should kick in the 140ish range with those pump gas domes. Also if you grab it up, ditch the timing advance key for a stock woodruff key and adjustable timing plate. Those T6 pipes are designed for bikes with stock porting however with the larger carbs on there the pipes probably aren't the most ideal exhaust. Since you want it for short track racing something like the pro circuit, lrd, T5, pt mids, or FMF fatty would be sweet. Get in to porting and compression and then step up to the cpi, shearer, or rocket pipes.

As for gearing, it will depend on how much steam that Lil' motor can make. My stock stroke big bore motor was more then happy with 15/41 gearing under good traction. Came out of the turn in 3rd and caught 4th once the quad hooked and once 4th was wound out it was the end of the straight and time to down shift to 3rd.

what did you not understand?

I couldn't tell if you were joking or not. 10 mill would be nice, but no where near nesaccary. Especially the cub cylinder you mentioned. The thing would fall on its face outta the turns unless he was just murdering clutches. Remember it's just a short track racer, not the big half mile ovals the Canadian boys get to run on.