Shee wont start. Hardly any spark, any ideas?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have they pickup coil adjusted correctly. And I tested it with a spark tester now I have no spark. Could it be a bad ground somewhere? Any help would be appreciated thanks. I would love to ride some time before snow falls lol

It takes air,fuel,compression,and an ignition source for any engine to run.Sounds as though you have compression,you obviously have air,you know you have spark are you getting fuel?

Are your plugs wet?Did they foul?What are your mods and supporting jetting specs?

You could have a large vacuum leak around the base of the jugs have you performed a leak down test?Theres a write up (just search the forum is what i did) on how to build and perform the leak test which is a definate must for any 2 stroke owner/builder.

If you had a bad ground it wouldnt get ignition.I think with what youve said and explained you have a fuel issue.

my banshee died on me once and left me walking about 5 k before i got a ride.my cdi had a broken wire,first i didnt know by using a ohms meter those things lie.i checked all the wires and ended up butchering my key,then i made it to the cdi and found one wire was broken and just long enuff to fix it.

i tugged on each wire till one pulled appart.then found it

well i havent done a leak down test and it was only igniting when it wanted to and now that i changed to the pick up coil distance i dont get any spark at all now. i have a brand new wiring harness the only thing that i haven changed electrically is the key switch and the teather. my regular kill switch is broken and dosent work. i have t1 or t2 pipes 330 main jets and 27.5 piolet jets. im goning to dick arround with it tonight and tomorrow and keep y'all up dated. thanks for the help i also have uni pod filters and a TORS eliminator kit. and the plugs haven been fouling much isnce i adjusted the carb needles i leaned it out and put the clip one noch from the top. im running premium @ 32:1 klotz r50 mix ngk br8es plugs gapped at .030 i think will have to check and get back to you. thanks again for all the help guys

A good FLUKE meter shouldnt be lying.Ive in a pinch even used an el cheapo no name i wonder if you had the settings correct?

With the problem being intermittent id say possibly a ground i fixed one that had a broken ground near the cdi and would spark every once in a while but very weak like you described.

id set the gap on the pick up at .015 and leave it alone thats where mine is.

As for 330 mains you gotta be rich i run T5's,k&n in stock air box,chariot reeds,+3 timing and im at 300 mains in the stock carbs,dyno jet needles mid clips,and 27.5 pilots,a/f screw @ 1 3/4 and it runs like a raped ape from idle to WOT.

I just don't get it. I by passed the teather and kill switch still no spark at all. Engine and carbs are stock well cyclenders are bored over, needle clip is second spot from the top (not the pointed end) was running 310 mains, then after it died I switched to 330 (recommended by a friend) for "more top end" Idk why lol. Uni pod filters toes eliminator kit and 27.5 piolot jets. Air screw 1 1/2 turns. I took it apart today and still no spark. And thank you guys for all the input. BTW thx for the flywheel gap measurement. Any other questions you have let me know thx again :)

Edited by yagermeister_07

Well it sounds simple if you already looked at everything and replace all electrical you kick it for some time and idles your bike sounds flooded keep kicking !!! It will start

I just don't get it. I by passed the teather and kill switch still no spark at all. Engine and carbs are stock well cyclenders are bored over, needle clip is second spot from the top (not the pointed end) was running 310 mains, then after it died I switched to 330 (recommended by a friend) for "more top end" Idk why lol. Uni pod filters toes eliminator kit and 27.5 piolot jets. Air screw 1 1/2 turns. I took it apart today and still no spark. And thank you guys for all the input. BTW thx for the flywheel gap measurement. Any other questions you have let me know thx again :)