banshee overheat/burnt piston?

i bought a 2003 banshee,new crank,bored .040 over and weisco prolites,heres my problem is when i took it out for a ride,it worked fine for most of the day, had my gf and i on it for a ride and at the end of the day we were on our way home and it started missing on the right hand side and got super hot!!!!!also made poppin/chuffung sounds out of pipe? what happened?i am a first time banshee/2 stroke owner by the way.

i was not ragging on it either just driving along!!!!my mechanic said i probally "cooked" the rings?or the piston?no compression on left side of engine now!

im also the firs time owner and i dont have much experience with engines but if burned piston is the case on one the only one side of the engine than u had an air leak.

but i might be 99% wrong

Did you mix your gas right? Cracked intake boot? Carb tops screwed on all the way? They don't blow up for no reason. Find that reason before you fix it

my gas was mixed right at 36 to 1 with a mix.cup?air leak? im not sure as i dont know shit all about them,its at my mechanics right now if the intake boots are the things arount the carbs and engine sealing them together,they were good whrn we cleaned the carbs yesterday, yeah the mechanic said it was cause i jad to peopke on it and it over heated but it was running likea champ then all of a sudden it.started running really bad on the right side chuffing and backfiring!

Your mechanic sounds like a retard. Take your wheeler back from him and take it too someone that is reputable and knows what they are doing. Having two people on doesnt make your wheeler over heat. Hell she could be 600 lbs it wont overheat if your getting air on the radiator. There is a reason it blew up and that isn't the right one.

the guy acually is supposed to be reputable,thats why i bought it from him,he built a 421 stroker that is a monster and a nice banshee with bolt on's that rips nicely!ill tell him to check for an air leak and do a leak down test! what about the water impeller? could a bad one cause this?

the guy acually is supposed to be reputable,thats why i bought it from him,he built a 421 stroker that is a monster and a nice banshee with bolt on's that rips nicely!ill tell him to check for an air leak and do a leak down test! what about the water impeller? could a bad one cause this?

You are not understanding what everyone here is trying to tell you.

Overheating is most likely not the issue here. Tuning is...

Pistons.jpg

Find out for sure what went wrong and fix it. If you just replace the broken parts, you will most likely have the same issues when it is running again.

At the very least, do a leak down test before taking it apart.

Take some pics of the tear down and post them up. We can guess all day long but without seeing what happened, it will be just a guess.