blaster pistons to what stroke?

Right now I have a 68mm bore stock stroke cub some time I'm wanting to go to a stroker but i don't want to have to get different cylinders or have my cub ported and re-plated. So I was wondering what size stroke you use blaster pistons with? A blaster piston is 5mm shorter so would you want a 10 mil stroke so you have 5mm more at tdc? I know people run blaster pistons with 115mm rods but with what i have read about that is that you only gain like 20-30cc or something like that? correct me if im wrong. I know I don't know every thing about every thing so i might just be making my self sound stupid by posting this but i figured why not try.

• Like 1

Like banshee hp says if you go to a stroker the port timings change and un a cub to change them its a different deal ( im not saying its not possible)but you would have to get custom domes ;ahi blastee pistons ;timing ports re plated amongs other so it would just be easier to sell what u have and get another

no way no how. you need a new cylinder/crank/piston/domes

well I figured i would have to get a different crank...I have a set of 68mm blaster pistons that are just setting around and i have 22cc baster angle dooms and if they wouldn't work i have a lethe so i can make them any cc or any angle. so I guess im just going to put 115mm rods with blaster pistons and see how that works.

well I figured i would have to get a different crank...I have a set of 68mm blaster pistons that are just setting around and i have 22cc baster angle dooms and if they wouldn't work i have a lethe so i can make them any cc or any angle. so I guess im just going to put 115mm rods with blaster pistons and see how that works.

what the hell are you talking about?

so youve got a stock stroke crank and a stock stroke cub cylinder and you want to go to a 4mm 115rod crank, use blaster pistons and run or cut 22cc domes. adding the 4mm crank pushes the piston up 2mm more then stock, then add another 5mm for the 115 rod, so your piston is going up 7mm higher then before, add in the blaster piston that has a 6mm higher pin height, so know your piston is only 1mm higher then with your stock setup... sounds like you could just cut the dome a lil deeper and eveything will line up and be good to go right?...... sure but all your port timings are going to be way off.

bottom line is you need to get a new cylinder and crank, then use your blaster pistons and 22cc domes.

A set of pistons are half the price of a crank. Are you that worried about using a set of pistons that have been sitting around how long? :cheers:

what the hell are you talking about?

so youve got a stock stroke crank and a stock stroke cub cylinder and you want to go to a 4mm 115rod crank, use blaster pistons and run or cut 22cc domes. adding the 4mm crank pushes the piston up 2mm more then stock, then add another 5mm for the 115 rod, so your piston is going up 7mm higher then before, add in the blaster piston that has a 6mm higher pin height, so know your piston is only 1mm higher then with your stock setup... sounds like you could just cut the dome a lil deeper and eveything will line up and be good to go right?...... sure but all your port timings are going to be way off.

bottom line is you need to get a new cylinder and crank, then use your blaster pistons and 22cc domes.

Blaster pistons have the wristpin moved 5mm higher up towards the crown edge, so it makes the piston sit lower, to make up for the 5mm added to the rod length. You only have to take in account then the 2mm additional stroke up and down. Follow me?

Blaster pistons have the wristpin moved 5mm higher up towards the crown edge, so it makes the piston sit lower, to make up for the 5mm added to the rod length. You only have to take in account then the 2mm additional stroke up and down. Follow me?

i follow you but... a blaster piston is 6mm higher offset from a banshee piston.

5mm of rod + 2mm off up stroke - 6mm of piston= 1mm that needs to be made up in gaskets or domes.

now follow me :bolt:

Blaster pistons have the wristpin moved 5mm from a banshee piston, not 6mm. Also, blaster pistons are used in big bore long rod builds. It doesn't matter the stroke really, just if the crank is a long rod.

You sir are incorrect. A wiseco 795 series piston is 5mm offset in 64-66.25mm. A wiseco 573 blaster piston is 6mm offset 66-68.25mm.

Look it up

• 6 years later...