Foot peg

The right side foot pegs back bolt hole has striped completely out it just a big hollow hole now which is a bitch cause the kick start is supposed to hit the peg when kicking over ,and now it just pivots on the front bolt. anyone else have this happen I can't see a way to fix it other than tack welding the peg in place

The right side foot pegs back bolt hole has striped completely out it just a big hollow hole now which is a bitch cause the kick start is supposed to hit the peg when kicking over ,and now it just pivots on the front bolt. anyone else have this happen I can't see a way to fix it other than tack welding the peg in place

it happen to me, idk wat im going to do yet lol

This happened to me years ago and we ended putting a bolt in the hole and welded the bolt inside so only the threads were sticking out. After that all you had to do was thread a nut of the end when putting on and taking off the foot pegs, it held up for 3yrs then I sold the bike.

I just fixed one about two weeks ago. I did just as sheerider said, one size bigger bolt. Takes about 10 minutes to drill out the hole with tap drill and run the tap in. If you do not want to go as big as the next size metric bolt is going to be, you can go with the next size standard SAE thread, you might find you do not have to open up the hole in your peg to get the new bolt to fit. I think my hole was repaired to a 7/16-14 thread.

Larry's right.....there was a member on here that machined his own bung and replaced it so all he had to do was grind the few tack welds off and drop the new bung in and weld it in. Shit actually looked really clean.......can't remember who it was.....maybe one of the other long timers can help us out here.....see if the guy still sells em

You can get a piece of threaded rod to go ALLLLLL the way thru the frame, and tie both sides together with a nut on either side of the pegs... Kind of a rig job but it does work without welding, etc.

All you need is a drill, threaded rod, and a couple nuts. I would try going with 1/2-13 rod or maybe 3/8-16 rod if 1/2 is too big.

Good luck!