sniper pipes review

sleeper06

I have been reading claims of horsepower increases over shearer pipes and too be honest i was a non beleiver.With a hefty price tag its not something you wanna just jump into.My good friend was looking upgrade his pipes and didnt mind spending the money on one condition,if he didnt like them over my shearers i would trade him head up.So i figured wtf i love a gamble anyways.My platform was a 196*ex126* trans staggered port with boost ports ,4mill ,14:1 on c-14 and 33mm carbs stock cylinder.First an foremost im a diehard shearer guy and have them on all my bikes,but wow im looking foward to getting a set.Im real big on fit n finish as well as performance and i havnt seen a nicer set of pipes .I didnt have to space anything trim anything or struggle at all,the expansion chamber follows the frame raill perfectly like a custom exhaust should,the stingers dont kill my filters and i love the shorty silencers.I opted for the nickle plating in/out and they were real pretty.Now for performance i was really impressed I raced a similar built motor with shearers that would normally beat me by two or three bike in the 1/8

but fell short by 2 bikes this time.I did have to go up two sizes on the mainafter the first race due to plug color.The bike pulled even harder.We went from a roll a few times,a dig a few times and i gave hime 2 an the leave.The snipers on that bike significantly improved overall feel and performance with only one loss when i gave three an the leave away and im pretty sure i could have pulled him down with more space.They really made a noticable diffrence where every bit counts.More races will come and ill post back this bike ran 12.54 in the 1/4 last year on shearers so we will see

no need i ported an built both machines to almost identical specs,same domes ,timing,tires,layout, carbs,rider weight,both machines run extremely hard but i saw improvements across the board,i should be going to the track sunday so ill see what she does weather permitting and wifee permitting she has a baby shower so im watching my son which means he goin too

no need i ported an built both machines to almost identical specs,same domes ,timing,tires,layout, carbs,rider weight,both machines run extremely hard but i saw improvements across the board,i should be going to the track sunday so ill see what she does weather permitting and wifee permitting she has a baby shower so im watching my son which means he goin too

So what pipes were you runnin when the other bike was beating you by two? Did I miss that part? Looks like you then ended up making 4 lengths? He beat you by two, you switched pipes and beat him by two? Is that what you said?

Tyler,im no english major for sure!The post was done after a double shift .Im a lil more awake rite now.IMO the sniper is the better pipe for my style of riding.Last night we swapped pipes from bike to bike on the same two test peices i tried the first evening.The advantage followed the snipers on every pull and the sound they have when they sync up in the power is wicked.im looking for a dyno in the area to do a side by side comparison on the same machine,but in my neck of the woods quadding is a dying sport.Im inpressed with the pipes and would buy another set without question.Like i said the first time fit an finish is just as important and these pipes are beutifull. I will not be going to the track tommorow i forgot it was mothers day and i just got the gulit trip .Oh well sorry dave an tyler for confusing you i just figured i would give some input on non cub motors with these pipes

So what pipes were you runnin when the other bike was beating you by two? Did I miss that part? Looks like you then ended up making 4 lengths? He beat you by two, you switched pipes and beat him by two? Is that what you said?

b4 he got the snipers he was running a set of my rockets ,i think i have a set of every pipe to try,so from rockets to snipers he picked up quite a bit .I did forget to mention that,the rockets come on nice but fall off on the big end compared to the shearers and i feel it picked up everywhere with the snipers

b4 he got the snipers he was running a set of my rockets ,i think i have a set of every pipe to try,so from rockets to snipers he picked up quite a bit .I did forget to mention that,the rockets come on nice but fall off on the big end compared to the shearers and i feel it picked up everywhere with the snipers

Well cool man. Good to hear some positive results. I've been hearing different from other folks but nobody has any actual hands on experience. All been hearsay. So it's good to hear this from somebody with some back to back kinda stuff.