Clutch problems.....just takes off

When I first start my bike and pull in the clutch to put it in gear it takes off almost like I did not pull the clutch. After the first time the clutch seems to disengage fine. My basket is pretty grooved up and I have ordered a new one but do you think that this is my problem? I thought it was odd that it only happens on first start up and not continuely. I have a new clutch cable and it appears to be adjusted properly. Seems to be getting progressively worse. I have tried to pull and realease the clutch a few times before I take off but it does not seem to help.

Could be your basket that's hurtin ya......or it could be that you have too thick of a oil in your tranny and it is taking a few rotations of the clutch to sling it all over the clutch fibers and get them to release from each other correctly

Had not thought about that, I think it has 10w 40 mobile one full synthetic motorcycle oil in it right now.

Had not thought about that, I think it has 10w 40 mobile one full synthetic motorcycle oil in it right now.

Oh man, thats a big NO NO!! you cant use synthetic on these things man. Sythetic oils have friction modifiers wich is bad for clutches, it wont grab as good as regular oil causing it to wear prematurely. I would give it a few oil flushes with 10w 40 REGULAR or some people like ATF type F. But yea this is most likely your issue. Hopefully your clutch isnt smoked. How long have you been doing this?

Oh man, thats a big NO NO!! you cant use synthetic on these things man. Sythetic oils have friction modifiers wich is bad for clutches, it wont grab as good as regular oil causing it to wear prematurely. I would give it a few oil flushes with 10w 40 REGULAR or some people like ATF type F. But yea this is most likely your issue. Hopefully your clutch isnt smoked. How long have you been doing this?

The oil is designed for wet clutch applications

Not this application i promise you. Not all wet clutch applications are alike, Im assuming that stuff is for a newer 4 stroke bike or something. Can someone else please chime in here? i know im not crazy. I was told a long time ago by multiple members on here not to use synthetic oil in the trans on these.

I had these issue once before as well. You need to get some Bel-Ray Gear oil 80 or 85wt allow the bike to warm up and the oil moved aorund pretty good on the clutches. Make sure you have a good clutch cable on the bike not something thats stretched out. The right gear oil will go a long way in how your clutch will perform.

i use synth all the time if its for wet clutches its fine. if its really not and ya think its for the the newer four strokes. what about when guys put in r1 clutches and stuff. but any oil is fine but change it regularly i personally like gear oil over atf or motor oil

i use synth all the time if its for wet clutches its fine. if its really not and ya think its for the the newer four strokes. what about when guys put in r1 clutches and stuff. but any oil is fine but change it regularly i personally like gear oil over atf or motor oil

Thats kinda my thinking, a wet clutch is a wet clutch. I am going o try ATF after I get my new basket installed.

I really dont know but maybe R1 clutch plates are a little different material that acceps friction modifiers? Like I said I dont know for sure but i was just thinking that since the bashee clutch is so much older than an R1. R1 came out in like 2000 right? and the banshee in 1987, just a thought. All I know is that i was told many times that synthetic is a NO NO. But hey if it works it works. 1 question though, are you changing it at the same interval as using reg oil? If so whats the point of using synthetic? i know it doesnt break down as fast but if you are changing it regularly............ :confused: