lectron vs pwk

jayhawkatv

I run a f.a.s.t. 4 mil agressive dune port on alky and have a set of 36 mm lectrons with oversized bowls. What gains if any would I get from alky 39mm pwks. Trying to see basically if it would be well money spent to buy them or stick with the lectrons. Anyone with knowledge chime in.

Lectrons have been nothing but headakes for me. I will never run a set again.

I've gone from 35's to 39's on a 4mill stock cylinder dune port from F.A.S.T Racing. it was night and day differance on the big end.

so moneybags, if i were u would u get 39mm and ditch the lectrons? btw it will prob get a full drag port eventually. so i id have to get bigger carbs eventually anyways.

Also how did your dune port run? I dont know anyone who has a dune port from fast. mines not back yet, will be first week of may. anxious 2 see how it performs. i got the aggressive dune port if there is any difference on alky.

so moneybags, if i were u would u get 39mm and ditch the lectrons? btw it will prob get a full drag port eventually. so i id have to get bigger carbs eventually anyways.

If it were me, I would do this. Keep the 36's you already have for now ( if their working good for you) and step up to a set of 39's when you go to the full drap port. For me the lectrons sucked ass.

I see alot of people talking them up on the fourms. But IMO Half of the people who are always talking them up, have never owned a set...

The 4mill dune port that jeff did for me was a beast... Even with T-5's and 20 -10-9, 9 paddles. I started with T-5's and 35pwk's and moved up to sheares and 39's. It was night and day differances after the switch.

n2otoofast4u, it was on alky with a pump. I bought them brand new. They were on my 421 first then my 10mill...

im curious what kind of problems you were having with lectron i run a set now and had one on my blaster and its nothing but good to me but i havent ever used pwk's. did you use pe1 needles running alky?

i would stick with the lectrons if it was me

going from t5's to sherears is going to make a big difference, i cant see that motor needing more than 36's imo

If it were me, I would do this. Keep the 36's you already have for now ( if their working good for you) and step up to a set of 39's when you go to the full drap port. For me the lectrons sucked ass.

I see alot of people talking them up on the fourms. But IMO Half of the people who are always talking them up, have never owned a set...

The 4mill dune port that jeff did for me was a beast... Even with T-5's and 20 -10-9, 9 paddles. I started with T-5's and 35pwk's and moved up to sheares and 39's. It was night and day differances after the switch.

n2otoofast4u, it was on alky with a pump. I bought them brand new. They were on my 421 first then my 10mill...

I would contribute the "difference" more toward switching T5 pipes out for shearers rather than the carburetors....

The carb and pipe swap were made at different times.

Some of the problems with the lectrons I had were, constance overflowing, unable to get enough fuel to the motor with the PJ's wide open wile still drounding in fuel on the low end. O and the dam carbs were called 40 but they only messure out to 35/6's. lame

Yes, they had the PE1 needle

well jeff was stearing me towards the pwks. but hes never ran lectrons. And i hate calling him cause he answers the phone"farm and sand toys, can you please hold" . poor guy is swamped. im running shearer inframes, those lectrons arent on the bike yet since jeff is finishing up the motor. thats why i was askin. also i run at little sahara and didnt know if my 22-11-8 12pdl 72ro tripple buffs would be 2 much for my set up. should i go back to 10's ?

If the lectrons are NEW setup by Packard then the lectrons will be fine, if they are old and have had 4 other people fucking with them, either send them to Packard, or throw them in the garbage and have a builder set you up a set of PWKs. Used PWKs are a gamble because you never know what someone else has drilled them to.