how do you guys "Steal proof" your banshee?

ben123

Thats exactly how it is around where I use to live in Jersey. I moved a couple towns over to a suburban area, but I still dont trust anyone. One of my neighbor saw me washing my bike one day and was like nice bike man he starting asking me a million questions about it he looks very suspicious and up to something so I will keep my eye on him.

Exactly....Im from the HOOD where people get shot, killed & steal all the time. Not once had my house broken into or anything stolen from me. Soon as I move out the HOOD in 2007 in a nice neighborhood where, it's not many neighbors & we all know each other. I ask my neighbor/friend do people steal around here. He said NO he never had a problem with people stealing anything from antbody around here. In 2009 my banshee got stolen then two weeks later they came back & stole his CR500 dirtbike. Come to find out it was some guys out of another hood that heard about our bikes, then came & took what they wanted. I found out who the guys we're & seen my bike but couldn't get it back cause they swap chassis. Police took reports & serial numbers but what could they do if they swap my chassis. My title didn't match that bike but I knew it was mines. Only reason I let it go is because I created a family & wanted to change for the better. Trust & believe if i was still living for only me & in the HOOD, it would have been an article in the newspaper with me starring as main character.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad used to keep the bikes at his business by the main garage. People that drove by the business could see his shiny new Z400 sitting there. It got stolen at night with everything locked up, they peeled back the siding on the building. They took the Z400, and two drills. They had their sights set on that 4-wheeler, and decided to root through the two trucks sitting there while they were inside. Both trucks had the keys in them too. It would not have been a bad idea to have the 4-wheeler locked up in that garage. Luckily he had insurance on it. The crime rate here is not that high either. Now they are at home in the garage, but not locked up. We have an alarm system though.

I'm going to be moving away from home soon, and I am going to leave it there until I get a garage.

Edited by JA66

That's what insurance is for. If someone wants it bad enough, let them have it. Shit for the amount of money these guys are spending on locks and chains and cables and shit, they could just buy a year insurance policy...

Also said this...

Was the claim really worth your rates going up for the next 10 years?

And this...

Unless you're like the rest of the world, and have a multi policy.

A 10% increase for me would mean almost another $95 a month.

So which is it, claim or not claim? :confused:

Also said this...

And this...

So which is it, claim or not claim? :confused:

Obviously taking quotes out of context MIGHT work, but in this event it won't. The quotes in question were regarding a $300 damage done to a bike via a chain wack. Not a total loss, nor a theft of said vehicle. Nice try though...

Obviously taking quotes out of context MIGHT work, but in this event it won't. The quotes in question were regarding a $300 damage done to a bike via a chain wack. Not a total loss, nor a theft of said vehicle. Nice try though...

What's the difference? Claiming damage to a $1,000 bike or a $5,000 bike will result in premium increase won't it?

Fuck it, guess it's time to move to yuppieville.

What's the difference? Claiming damage to a $1,000 bike or a $5,000 bike will result in premium increase won't it?

Fuck it, guess it's time to move to yuppieville.

Obviously it depends on prior claims, number of policies, etc.

I may be wrong here, but wasn't this thread about "theft", and not damage?

I would hope that someone wouldn't file an insurance claim for $300 in damage. If it was a total loss, and the bike was stolen, it'd probably be worth filing the claim. I thought that was pretty elementary...?

Obviously it depends on prior claims, number of policies, etc.

I may be wrong here, but wasn't this thread about "theft", and not damage?

I would hope that someone wouldn't file an insurance claim for $300 in damage. If it was a total loss, and the bike was stolen, it'd probably be worth filing the claim. I thought that was pretty elementary...?

What stock type bike is worth more than $3,000?

Most bikes worth anything are full custom set ups with no VIN left on them. Who will insure a full custom bike with no VIN? My insurance company won't.

I'm curious what a stolen last model year Banshee would bring in insurance money?

I've never filed a claim for a recreational vehicle, but I know my insurance company has an "agreed amount" as do most insurance companies. (Generally a stock replacement bike, plus any aftermarket parts) My single seat sand car doesn't have a vin, but it is insured against theft, liability insurance isn't available, as it is a race-vehicle only. Most golf carts don't have vins either, and they are insurable. You can insure practically anything. Wedding rings, for example.

When I had my banshee, the only reason it was insured against theft, was because it was included with the policy. I couldn't "opt out" with my particular insurance company. It was covered both under my liability policy, as well as my umbrella policy, if I were in injure myself, or someone else while riding.

My point in the other thread, was that filing a claim on a damage that costs less than your deductible... If it was stolen, definitely it'd be worth filing the claim since you have NOTHING. I wouldn't file a claim for a chain wack, was my point.

you have to have proof of the mods. it was something like you needed at least 4 pictures of each side of the atv and receipts.

my dad has his rzr insured for 13K yet he only paid 9K for it.

he filed a claim when he clipped a tree while riding in the woods, got 3K in damage. he just had to take it to the dealer where they did the claim.

I'm calling about this shit tomorrow. If you're lying to me, I'm gonna e-kick you in the balls.

Figured this fits in this thread...

Got home from work today to find this.

photo-66.jpg

photo-67.jpg

I left for work at 5:40 this morning and I went out in the garage before I left. Happened while I was at work. Every cabinet was opened and shit thrown everywhere. Had two guns BEHIND one of the cabinets and the bastard still found them. That's all I have found gone. Didn't touch any of my tools and luckily...

photo-68.jpg

Shee's still there. This is not the first time I've had shit stolen. My truck got broken into when I was living in Tulsa and before that back in high school in front of my grandmas house. Talk about fucking pissed. Luckily the guns weren't worth much but still.

Only thing I found was a southpole emblem that must have fell of the dumbasses jeans while he was here if that tells you what kinda person done it.