shift arm seal?

Koba

Any one replace there shift arm seal? Im new to working on atv's let alone a banshee. Mines leaking and i was woundering how hard it is to replace and what else i might need to replace during the process?

Welcome aboard mate ! :cheers:

Just do a search on the board, and you can DL the service manual. It contains everything you need for this fix. Take your time and you will be OK as long as you have a small amount of mechanical experience. Have fun ! :headbang:

If it was anything like mine was to replace this past winter, you are in for a headache. Damn thing would not come out and I ended up breaking into tiny pieces to get it all out. Take your time if it won't just pop out.

I used a small pick and small needle nose to get everything out.

~edit: Read wrong, thought you were talking shift shaft seal.

Edited by Acheron

idunno but it pools up right where the cable goes in hahaha... im confused too haha... but it pools up on top of the trans and runs in that valley just to front of that. and thats the only place trans fluid could pool up around there haha no other seal or anything on top.

idunno but it pools up right where the cable goes in hahaha... im confused too haha... but it pools up on top of the trans and runs in that valley just to front of that. and thats the only place trans fluid could pool up around there haha no other seal or anything on top.

Are you sure it is not premix running out of the carb overflow hoses and the gasoline is evaporating, leaving the oil behind?