Need help on deciding next mod

06BCBANSHEE

Hey guys

It's been a while since I last been online. Haven't had a working comp in a while. Anyways I need some advice on what mod would be best to do next. I have about $500 tax return to play with. I ride mostly trails but am planning on going to the track alot this season.

Can't decide between a Scott's steering stabalizer or a -1.5 or -2 JL roundhouse swinger

Both would be nice, but what should I do first?

Mods:

+2+1 eyeball engineering a arms LT elka stage 2 shocks

Stock motor

Fmf fattys gold series powercore 2 silencers

K&N filter with power lid

Pro taber bars

21" track star with 18" ITP hole shots

Stock gearing

Being installed now are...

Durable +2 +4 adjustable axle

Tors kit

+4 timing plate

Parking brake delete

Elka elite LT rear with linkage

New sprockets and chain

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated, both look like good products, but I dunno what is better to get first.

Thanks guys!!!

Haha I was planning on porting and boring it .30 over next winter. Don't want to have my jugs sent out and not be riding. It's still plenty fast for me. As you can see from my other mods I'm trying to make it handle like a dream lol. But I may consider porting, how much would that be? I still think its fast already lol

My experience has been the stick style stablizers make very little difference on a MX track. Ive got a JL -1.5" swingarm and I LOVE it. I highly recommend you get one next. They are stronger than stock, make chain maintenance a breeze and the shorter swinger helps out a LOT with traction. See my review....

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151928&st=0

You might also want to consider a taller stem, gripper seat cover, and bead locks.

Hey DDQ, ya your review made me want a JL swinger. The Scott's stabalizer isnt the stick kind, it's a top of the line product, with adjusting on the fly. I'm pretty sure

I'm gonna do the swing arm. I have two sets of tires and rims. Will a 20" tire fit with ur swingarm, I'm running the same

Nerf bars as you. The 20's are on t9 baja. 18" are on reg rims ( not sure what brand) . Did you notice any differance when jumping? I'm just getting into mx this year, for now practicing, if I'm any good

I'll start racing lol

Haha I was planning on porting and boring it .30 over next winter. Don't want to have my jugs sent out and not be riding. It's still plenty fast for me. As you can see from my other mods I'm trying to make it handle like a dream lol. But I may consider porting, how much would that be? I still think its fast already lol

porting prices range from one syle to another.. probaly anywhere from 250ish-500ish.. call any site sponser up for pricing.. i had F.A.S.T due my whole motor.. id recommend them to anyone!! :headbang:

I THINK 20" tires will fit. I will measure today to make sure. I cant tell a big difference when jumping but I do lean forward a little bit more than I did with the stock swinger.

I know what stabilizer you are talking about now. The scott must be like the elka dampner and I hear those work great but Ive never seen one on a MX quad and I dont know how well they work. I asked a pro rider at a national a few years ago why he didnt use a steering stabilizer and he said none of the pros do because they cant tell a difference. He could have been lying to me because Im sure the scott or elka damper makes a difference, I think you would be happier with a swingarm first, though. When you really start beating on that stock arm you are going to find it is difficult to keep the chain tight and my vertical bolts that lock the carrier started working loose and wearing out the holes they go in.

Call John at JL and tell him you talked to David and are interested in a MX swingarm. He is a super cool guy and will answer all of your questions. If you do decide you want one, I would recommend you getting a -1 or -1.5. You deffinitely wont clear 20's with a -2 and since you are planning on doing some motor work I think a -1 or -1.5 will be perfect.

John

760-900-8059

jlengineering@live.com

I Dident read all this. But I run 20" razr2 with need bars on my -2 and clear fine... The realtors are 21". I even run a 20" razr blade paddles

I run a flotek 4 mill with 28's. Swingarm is by American star... Mike and drew are two of the most helpful people I ever felt with in the Atv world.. Highly recommended

My carrier is a refurb from JJ&A

fb719fae.jpg

cb04568e.jpg

e5a6cc5e.jpg

6b9f2385.jpg

Edited by zach45

I THINK 20" tires will fit. I will measure today to make sure. I cant tell a big difference when jumping but I do lean forward a little bit more than I did with the stock swinger.

I know what stabilizer you are talking about now. The scott must be like the elka dampner and I hear those work great but Ive never seen one on a MX quad and I dont know how well they work. I asked a pro rider at a national a few years ago why he didnt use a steering stabilizer and he said none of the pros do because they cant tell a difference. He could have been lying to me because Im sure the scott or elka damper makes a difference, I think you would be happier with a swingarm first, though. When you really start beating on that stock arm you are going to find it is difficult to keep the chain tight and my vertical bolts that lock the carrier started working loose and wearing out the holes they go in.

Call John at JL and tell him you talked to David and are interested in a MX swingarm. He is a super cool guy and will answer all of your questions. If you do decide you want one, I would recommend you getting a -1 or -1.5. You deffinitely wont clear 20's with a -2 and since you are planning on doing some motor work I think a -1 or -1.5 will be perfect.

John

760-900-8059

jlengineering@live.com

Thanks man, ya I will be ordering one as soon as my tax return comes. If the 20" don't fit then I'll go with a -1. I do trail ride mostly so I would like to have 18's for the track and 20's for trails. That vid of you doing that double was nuts!! Hopefully I can ride like that someday, haven't had a chance to try a track yet, but I am very excited. My stock carrier is shit too, my pivot bolts constantly come loose. As well as my adjusters. Thanks for the review, it really made me wanna get one!

Can't wait to ride it with the new rear shock, axle and now a swingarm. She's gonna handle like a dream now!

I Dident read all this. But I run 20" razr2 with need bars on my -2 and clear fine... The realtors are 21". I even run a 20" razr blade paddles

I run a flotek 4 mill with 28's. Swingarm is by American star... Mike and drew are two of the most helpful people I ever felt with in the Atv world.. Highly recommended

My carrier is a refurb from JJ&A

fb719fae.jpg

cb04568e.jpg

e5a6cc5e.jpg

6b9f2385.jpg

Hey thanks, only thing is I'm using the ad nerfs wih built in heel guards, I think they are a bit longer, and looks like it would rub.

It seems most company's use 2

I have Asr a-arms for about 4 years now. I had a no name -2 swingarm, that I had snapped in 2 places in glamis last year. I called Asr and got -2 full gussets skid plate brackets and brake line for 5 and change. Called JJ&A and got a refurb red carrier which was like brand new, I swear they call them refurb for no reason..