Need help on deciding next mod

06BCBANSHEE

Zach45. That set up looks sick!! Damn their both nice. ASR is selling them for 650 with the carrier. And they have 4 pinch bolts, and skid plate mounts. JL is a little cheaper , has 2 pinch bolts. Not sure if they have skid plate mounts? They both look like quality products . Anyone have the luxury of having to have tried both?

Edited by 06BCBANSHEE

Most companies do use 4 pinch bolts but I havent had any issues with the 2 bolts on my JL swingarm. John could probably build yours so that it uses 4 bolts, or if you had any issues with just having 2 bolts he would take care of it.

I SERIOUSLY doubt you will have ANY issues with having 2 pinch bolts. If there was a weakness in his swingarms I would have found it.

If you really want 4 pinch bolts, talk to John, I bet he would hook you up. And yes, he can do skid plate mounts. I didnt get them on my arm because I ride 100% MX.

Ya after watching that video on your review, pretty much shows how durable it is. No problems with them coming loose?

mine has the 2 pinch bolts and i have never had an issue.imo id port that thing......huge gains for short money,jus make sure to go through a sponser .youll be crazy :D when its all done..

goodluck

Edited by shakar

Well I decided to order up a -1.5 JL swingarm. John is a awesome guy to deal with, prob the best customer service I have experienced buying something online. He answered every e mail promptly, no matter how stupid the question was. Most other companies wouldn't even respond to my email. He is also making it 4 pinch bolts. Just to be sure I will have no problems , since shipping parts to BC Canada is a bitch. Also he contacted many shipping companies to see what was cheapest. Skid late mounts, short brake line , beaing carrier , powder coat, all included at a cheap price, compared to everyone else.

Can't wait to get it. If your looking for a swingarm go with JL , customer service is worth it alone!!

Well I decided to order up a -1.5 JL swingarm. John is a awesome guy to deal with, prob the best customer service I have experienced buying something online. He answered every e mail promptly, no matter how stupid the question was. Most other companies wouldn't even respond to my email. He is also making it 4 pinch bolts. Just to be sure I will have no problems , since shipping parts to BC Canada is a bitch. Also he contacted many shipping companies to see what was cheapest. Skid late mounts, short brake line , beaing carrier , powder coat, all included at a cheap price, compared to everyone else.

Can't wait to get it. If your looking for a swingarm go with JL , customer service is worth it alone!!

I ordered one from him today too. bastard, I hope my order got in first! :cheers:. I agree, John is a cool guy

I ordered one from him today too. bastard, I hope my order got in first! :cheers:. I agree, John is a cool guy

Ya man, by far best guy I have delt with. I ordered by pay pal, so it takes a few days to clear, mines gonna take 3-4 weeks cause it's

Completley custom, can't wait to get it !!

Edited by 06BCBANSHEE

What size did you end up ordering? I dunno whether do get flat black or gloss? My bike is all black

Well, I got a plus 8 for my cub duner. IDK why the hell I'm posting in the mx section. lol. I would say just match up with the black already on the bike.

Haha you both are going to be stoked with those swingarms. John and I have been talking about doing a full suspension package. It's something in the works, and I think it'll be awesome. Tons of bikes out there already run a JL Engineering swingarm with my shocks, so it was only a matter of time before we are able to put together a complete bolt-on package. :headbang: