how do i fix this,never seen one break like this

Wow! Both of em? First thing id do is soak them in a penitrating fluid. Wd or something. Then id call a machine shop. Thats hardened steel. Id let someone with the rite tools do it so you dont trash a set of arms trying to do it yourself. JMHO.

Find a Nut that has a opening about 3/4 the size of the bolt. Then u weld the nut to the broken piece and have your socket and rachet ready. Once u weld it while it is still hot try to turn it out. The heat from wellding will break them free and turn right out.

Edited by S10RACER

Find a Nut that has a opening about 3/4 the size of the bolt. Then u weld the nut to the broken piece and have your socket and rachet ready. Once u weld it while it is still hot try to turn it out. The heat from wellding will brake them free and turn right out.

Except the heat will expand the ball joint thread. The swelling will make it even harder to loosen. You're on the right track though. Let it cool first. The expansion/retraction should loosen any rust. Use penetrating oil liberally and work it out.

Except the heat will expand the ball joint thread. The swelling will make it even harder to loosen. You're on the right track though. Let it cool first. The expansion/retraction should loosen any rust. Use penetrating oil liberally and work it out.

Yeah u have a point with the heat exspansion But it works, I use this technique often. The best Penetrating oil is Brake Fluid DOT 3

Yeah u have a point with the heat exspansion But it works, I use this technique often. The best Penetrating oil is Brake Fluid DOT 3

X2 on the brake fluid. But I also use diesel fuel on rust threads work great for me. Just my 2 cents.

common sense says it would expand and be harder but ive done it several times and hit it with an impact while still hot and it turns right out. stuck bearing races come right out with a bead or 2 of weld on them too. its neat stuff.

stupid question, but, did you remove the nuts from the back-side? should be able to soak it in kr oil, drill the center out, smack the sides of the bung/collar with a 3#+ hammer, and then drill the center out. if the edge of the threads that broke are not bent out bad, it would be easier screwing it inwards, rather than out. use a 4-point strait extractor, rather than a tapered spiral. you want it to grab without continuously expanding. as for welding heat, it may work while it is hot, but you could ice the new welded bolt to shrink it, while leaving the bung hot.

I would progressively drill out the center of the broken heim until you could get a large easy out into it , soak it in PB Blaster ( or one of my old tricks is soak it in coca cola ) for several

Hours and then use a impact to free it up .