Blowen Bottom End

coon

i was at 9 psi its the way i took the pic... i read 12 max psi or the seals blow...i deff didnt cause any damage i feel like a dumbfuck though i checked the shifter seal no oil so i took the flywheel cover off and my bolt was off and the fly wheel was loose explains the metal scratching sound so then i decided to drain the oil and there was 2 quarts in there i dont know why i didnt not see any in the case? i just feel so stupid but relived! but thanks alot guys for the quick responses and good answers now i just gotta put my motor back in lol.

Wow thats carzy! The whole time you thought you didn't have no oil, it was there the whole time????? :rotflmao: You gotta admit thats knid of funny. Well at least if you ever have oil mysteriously disappear in the future, you have this thread to refer to with all the tips everyone threw out there trying to locate the houdini oil which was playing the greatest illusion trick of all time. :cheers:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks again guys got it all put back together only thing is i changed my mains from 240 to 220 and she seems to be running really rich almost a little sluggish in the low end has pretty good top end power but i do believe i feel a rich sluggish...she is smoking a little more than normal too i dont know why shes running a little rich but im going to try 200 mains and see what happens.

What mods do you have? Do you realize that 220 is stock? Unless you're at way high elevation, I wouldn't go any lower. Maybe list ALL mods, ALL carb specs, plug type, and elevation. :cheers:

i always thought that 200 were stock i bought this shee completely stock form the second owner when i pulled the carbs i dont think they were ever touched i put the 220 mains in myself i had 240 main in becasue i was riding in 0-20 degree weather here now the weather is like 40-60 so i went to 220 i dont have any upgrades im missing my air box lid so i figured with the lower temps and no air box lid to go atleast 2 mains up. i live in new york im not sure the elevation but i can find it out. its deff rich smokes a lil more than normal i put brand new plugs in they show rich condition i just did i top end a few rides ago so i dont think my top end is bad but if she still smokes after i changed the jets im going to do a compression test.

Edited by coon

i always thought that 200 were stock i bought this shee completely stock form the second owner when i pulled the carbs i dont think they were ever touched i put the 220 mains in myself i had 240 main in becasue i was riding in 0-20 degree weather here now the weather is like 40-60 so i went to 220 i dont have any upgrades im missing my air box lid so i figured with the lower temps and no air box lid to go atleast 2 mains up. i live in new york im not sure the elevation but i can find it out. its deff rich smokes a lil more than normal i put brand new plugs in they show rich condition i just did i top end a few rides ago so i dont think my top end is bad but if she still smokes after i changed the jets im going to do a compression test.

According to the service manual, stock Shees came with different option main jets: 200, 220, 240

I am not sure which jets were model/year specific. My stock mains are 200. I am pretty sure all stock pilot jet are 25.

You need to do a plug chop to determine if you are running rich or lean. Black/oily electrodes indicate running rich. White/burned electrodes indicate a lean condition.