Banshee problem? help!

okay so i cleaned the carbs on my banshee and put it back together,

turned it on,

and when i push the throttle, it wont rev until like a second after i push the throttle,

how can i fix it?

okay so i cleaned the carbs on my banshee and put it back together,

turned it on,

and when i push the throttle, it wont rev until like a second after i push the throttle,

how can i fix it?

Did you put the slides back into the same carb they came out of ? They will go into either one but will not run right.

Is your parking brake off ?

are they synced up? are they stock carbs? if so, is the choke tube connected?

i pulled the choke to turn it on, but it wouldnt stay out, it would go back in,

i suppose it means the choke tube isnt connected, how do i connect it?

i pulled the choke to turn it on, but it wouldnt stay out, it would go back in,

i suppose it means the choke tube isnt connected, how do i connect it?

Just FYI, the choke tube isn't the reason that your choke plunger tube will not stay out, "engaged," in the choke position. There is a little clip on the choke mechanism that clicks into the notches on the choke shaft that enables it to, "stay in place" when the rider engages it. When the clip goes bad choke doesn't stay engaged. This video may give you a better understanding of what I'm talking about. The video isn't super detailed all around but the choke part you will see is good enough for you to understand what I mean.

If you are looking to replace your choke for proper operation Jeff at F.A.S.T. sells them. Heres the direct link to the plunger. Hope you get it figured out soon and back to riding.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/products.asp?make=YAMAHA&model=BANSHEE&cat=CARBS/ INTAKES&offset=0

Edited by cline

Cline is right.....the choke IS supposed to stay out until you physically push it back in....if it doesn't you can purchase some new parts to fix it. and the only thing that your "choke tube" does is allow a vacuum between the cars so that it can use vacuum pressure to engage a choke for the right side carb.

Oh no shit the choke is suppose to stay engaged on its own, im on my 3rd banshee and they've never stayed on their own i just hold it out an kick, must be the vibration over time wears them. I even looked at a low hour 06 an it didn stay on its own

Yes, The choke does stay out on it's own whether it is on half choke or full. Jeff sells the choke assembly at fast for $20.00

I bought one from him 2 years ago and it still stays out but honestly they only last about 3 or 4 years until they stop staying out on there own. But what's $20.00 every 4 years right. And really if you don't care about it staying out then do like you have been hold out manually, kick until it starts and let the choke go back in. Really no big deal.