sproket

DaweOne

would it make a big difference going down one size on front sproket i have always ran a 15/41 since i got it, I want to try stock 14/41 since winter is over and i cant go on the river any more and hold it wot now looking for more low to mid power and the only time il use 6th is when i run from the cops loll

i know that just wanted advice from some body hou is running that and can you still get good speed with the 13/41 ? i will be riding trails also hill climb and flat sand play my mods are pro designe filter with no lid complete t5 exhaust agressive port stock bore, finding the 15/41 slow to get up to speed but is fast, a bit of a ass to take off since the after market clutch so what would you guys recomend the 14 or 13 /41

sprockets are cheap, grab a 14 and try it out. i have a 14 here that isnt bad yet but the teeth are starting to bed, if you wanna be real cheap its yers for the price of shipping lol.

but if you are into the hills i would go 13 front, best $12 i ever spent.

alright thx guys lol i will buy a brand new one btw ill try the 14 and if its still not what im looking for i will go to the 13 70 mph is not that fast they probly get in the trail @70 with there cop cars lol here in canada in the outaouais region there is not that much room to go like thoes sand pits and hill's here if you find one its on private property or at the sand quarry where its comercial use so they chase us away bastards : (!

I gave 13/41 a shot for a while and was absolutely unimpressed. I ride at the Glamis sand dunes and thought it might give me a little jump off the line when running the hill. Maybe but not so much that I was amazed by the switch. What I was amazed was how much it jacked up the top end. It would rap 4th out to death when running the hill but shifting into 5th bogged and sucked bad. Bottom line I went back to 14/41. IMO I think 13/41 sucks for any top end application.

I run 13/41 and love it but I also do 80% trail riding. Even the Wide open straightaways with a 13/41 gearing imo is plenty fast. I think you lose something on the order of 6 mph top speed going from a 14/41 to a 13/41 setup. You can tweak you top speed in more detail changing your rear sprocket by 2 mph either faster or slower by each additional tooth or deletion of 1 tooth.

Dont forget that a higher frint gear will make every gear longer. So it pulls longer in each gear and u dont have to shift as much either. Glamis i like 16 41

This is true too.

Also don't forget that when you change sprockets you may need to add a link to your chain or take a link out.

When I went from my 14/41 to 13/41 gear setup which was awhile ago I took I know 1 but maybe 2 links out of the chain.

Also just for your knowledge be aware that they do make half links.

This is all fun if its your Hobby so if not it's work, lol... :rotflmao:

Don't forget you could also go up 3 teeth on your rear sprocket instead of going down 1 on your front. Or go 2 up on the rear to get somewhere between 1 tooth down if you only want a slight change. It will give you a similar effect and will put your chain at a better angle helping it to rotate easier. Will keep your sprockets and chain happier, gaining more life from them. I personally wouldn't go to 13 in the front, I think it's too much stress on the chain. Sure, it'll work, but it puts a hurtin on your drivetrain. Better efficiency frees up power.

Just my thoughts!

Don't forget you could also go up 3 teeth on your rear sprocket instead of going down 1 on your front. Or go 2 up on the rear to get somewhere between 1 tooth down if you only want a slight change. It will give you a similar effect and will put your chain at a better angle helping it to rotate easier. Will keep your sprockets and chain happier, gaining more life from them. I personally wouldn't go to 13 in the front, I think it's too much stress on the chain. Sure, it'll work, but it puts a hurtin on your drivetrain. Better efficiency frees up power.

Just my thoughts!

Thanks for this info. I never thought about what you said like that before. Next time I need chain and sprockets I think I'll go 14/43