Vitos Superstock or Wiseco Pro Lite?

esseclipse

I just ordered the Wiseco Prolites, not sure if the Vito's would ACTUALLY provide more power do to the modified Wiseco piston???

What do you mean, "Modified Wiseco Pistons"?

Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't Vito's Superstock Forged Pistons made by Wiseco to Vito's spec's?

The exhaust side of the pistons are cut in a way to mimic "ported" exhaust port duration and this increases power by up to 8hp.

i used the superstocks and it took my cylinder from 65mm to being resleeved absolute junk IMO

Hope you don't but, but I have some questions for you:

Were the Superstocks you used, Forged or Cast?

Were the cylinders freshly bored and honed?

Was your tune spot on?

Was a leak down test performed after assembly?

i used the superstocks and it took my cylinder from 65mm to being resleeved absolute junk IMO

Your motor was going to make so much more power with the Super stock pistons, that you needed a severe "Re-jet". 8 more HP will do that.

Sorry to say it was user error, not piston failure. :shrugani:

By modified I meant the cut of the piston that vito makes with the Wiseco piston.

8 HP would be a good gain, but I would like to see some dyno sheets to prove it ;)

Just look in the dyno section in the post titled "Random dyno discussion" The proof is all there.

Enjoy. :headbang:

Your motor was going to make so much more power with the Super stock pistons, that you needed a severe "Re-jet". 8 more HP will do that.

Just look in the dyno section in the post titled "Random dyno discussion" The proof is all there.

I will check it out !

My stock 87 cylinders need some love

Is all of this kit good quality, ie., gaskets, http://www.vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/home.php?cat=212

That's the one we're talking about. :headbang: Can't beat that price for the added performance.

Keep in mind the jetting advice is pretty basic. (That kit + open air box.) So if you have pipes and any other add ons......go rich and work your way to lean. ;)

That's the one we're talking about. :headbang: Can't beat that price for the added performance.

Keep in mind the jetting advice is pretty basic. (That kit + open air box.) So if you have pipes and any other add ons......go rich and work your way to lean. ;)

Motor is stock 87 .020 over.

RB Designs bored OE Carbs No TORS w/idle screws

Toomey Needles 4th groove

280 Mains 25 Pilots

Pods w/Outerwears

VF3's I got for Christmas

Chariot Billet Intakes, no cross-over

HJR re-cut and rechambered head

HJR clean-up port?

HJR trued and welded stock crank

T5's

What jets are a good starting point with the above set-up at sea level?

350 mains

27 pilots

Toomey Needles, 4th groove?

I have a set of 35mm PWK A/S I scored for a song I could run, I'd imagine I'd loose a ton of bottom-end on a stock port motor.

By modified I meant the cut of the piston that vito makes with the Wiseco piston.

8 HP would be a good gain, but I would like to see some dyno sheets to prove it ;)

Hello Grant

The only standard bore range Wiseco Superstocks currently that we sell are for the Blaster .080 & .090. The rest are machined and imported from Taiwan with forgings identical to Wiseco.

Thank you for contacting Vito's

it wasnt user error it was shitty pistons i was acually running a little on the rich side it took a huge ass chunk out of my exhaustport

What jets are a good starting point with the above set-up at sea level?

350 mains

27 pilots

Toomey Needles, 4th groove?

Do you ride at Pismo ? :P

I think you might be OK with 280 main and 25 pilot @ sea level, but each quad is different. Have you done a plug chop yet? How do the plugs look?

From the jetting thread:

"In a lean condition the engine will surge and sometimes ping under acceleration. The engine will also be "cold-blooded" (hard to start and keep running) but will run better when hot. The spark plug will look bone white or burned in extreme cases. The engine may spit back or sneeze through the carburetor once in awhile too..

If the engine is running rich the throttle response will be fuzzy and not too quick. The engine will burble, miss and blow black smoke. It will start easy but will run funny when fully warmed up. The plug will be dark, wet or fouled (possible all three!)."

I do ride Pismo.

Been going there since I was 7.

Haven't ridden this Banshee there yet, but by the looks of it I'll be going the last weekend in April with an HJR motor.

So, I'm done with this thread.

Thanks for the tips though...