Estimated HP!

Oscars1538

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my first banshee. The previous owner told me it was double the stock hp. The list of mods include:

Weisco crank and pistons. .60 over.

Stock head shaved .30

Trinity stage 5 two into 1. Carb. Unsure of carb size or jetting.

Ricky stator set at +5.

Unknown heavy duty clutch and springs, (not hydraulic).

FMF fattys into FMF silencers.

15 font 41 rear.

Boysen reeds.

K & N filter/pre filter.

Works triple rate shocks.

I'm sure there's more I don't know about. The jetting is spot on. It usually starts first or second kick. Idles nicely. I'm curious to what kind of hp it runs. It runs 91+ octane at 40:1. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1st off way to make a good impression the comment that pissed you off was not even for you are you a dipshit or what :shrugani:

2nd there is no way you can honestly think that your at 80hp if so please go do this a while banghead

3rd your jetting is spot on cause it starts right up and idles nicely really cause the thing would do that with the main jet not even in the carb just dont hit the throttle :shootself:

your in the 40-50 hp range but I guess if you run it through the dumbass hp multiplier it would come out to 80 hell you might be closer to 100 keep up the good work :cheers:

So what is your goal here, just a hp number? What type of riding are you doing? You say it's ported for the "strip" yet it has fmf pipes and a 2-1 carb set up. These are contrasting mods on different ends of the spectrum. Toomey's are also not a wise choice for any modified engine let alone for a drag application.

On another note, you will not loose hp by switching to the stock stator, as long as you maintain the same degree of advancement. By stating you want the headlights and tail lights I assume this is just a trail/rec bike so if your cylinders are ported for drag you may want a new top end.

Do some reading around the site and educate yourself before asking a ton of questions. And once you do that, grow some thick skin and realize its the Internet. You were wrong to fly off the handle in this case but I have seen threads where people were hazed for asking noon questions, it's the nature of the site.

It obviously doesn't matter what people tell you it has for horse power. I gave you my honest opinion that I thought it had around 60. You still think it has 80+. So why are you asking if its already in your mind that its 80+ and aren't gonna listen to other people. It's just not that fast.

Got my first banshee. The previous owner told me it was double the stock hp. The list of mods include:

Weisco crank and pistons. .60 over.

Stock head shaved .30

Trinity stage 5 two into 1. Carb. Unsure of carb size or jetting.

Ricky stator set at +5.

Unknown heavy duty clutch and springs, (not hydraulic).

FMF fattys into FMF silencers.

15 font 41 rear.

Boysen reeds.

K & N filter/pre filter.

Works triple rate shocks.

I'm sure there's more I don't know about. The jetting is spot on. It usually starts first or second kick. Idles nicely. I'm curious to what kind of hp it runs. It runs 91+ octane at 40:1. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Well this post got wild fast. :jesterlaugh:

I'll let you know what your motor makes because we've had a bike with almost matching mods on OUR DYNO. (But it had a cool head)

Sorry to break it to you but your only making 57HP MAX.

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400