cascade or FAST cheetah cub set up?

This is ridiculous. Does Cascade even build their own motors? Redline, Herr Jugs, FAST, M&M or Wildcard would all be better choices than Cascade. I suggest calling one of our other sponsors before going to a company that specializes in shiny parts.

They do more than you think. The store-front is a lot of bling parts and chrome stuff, but they do a lot behind the store front that you don't see unless you go there. They do build engines themselves, and their shop is just down the road from Twister, who does their port work.

I use kevin @ herr jugs for my case work and port work, but get pretty much every part I need from cascade. They are great guys to deal with and have never let me down. (which is more than I can say for some of the other builders...)

- Jared

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cascade is a great place to get seat covers, billet and even other parts. BUT, I would NOT let them build a motor for me. They definetely send out there cranks, I have been told that they send out their porting and machine work. So at best they are just assembling your motor, and if there are problems, then you will probably end up with someone else involved in it also. Which means it will take forever to get it straightened out. And I don't think Chris knows as much as he wants you to think he does.

I have no idea why you would go woth Cascade when there are so many more options of people who you could buy from who actually do their work in house. Nothing against Cascade but they do not do their own port work they are a billet shop that does bolt ons. Call Cameron at Redline or call back to Jeff at FAST but give a complete in house shop a shot before you spend your money. I can promise you that is you give Cameron a call you will not have a single bad thing to say about his customer service!

just got off the phone with jeff from FAST and i think we got everything taken care of he said he can get me in a serval, he thinks that would be a better fit for what i wanna do with it. Thanks for all the help from everyone on here and to Jeff!!! So we just shall see what happens hoping to get at it soon.

any shop will be much more likely to deal with you when you start handing them $$$

im not sure what shops can actually fully disasemble a crank and reasemble it from ground up including full welding and balance.

most shops can handle simple crank repairs no problem. a lot of places send out things for specialty work..

any shop will be much more likely to deal with you when you start handing them $$$

This is one of the main things I like about M&M, FAST, OCD, Shearer, Stellar, Camatv, SoCal, Herr, ext.... the list is long. All these people are just some that have spent time answering questions for me without me spending a dime first. Not just the first time around either....LOL... no bait and switch.

/nut swing.

can someone please explain what the difference between the cheetah cub and serval? i understand that one is for dune and one is for straight drag but are they the same cylinders do they just do more work to them to make it a cheetah? I dont wanna spend all this money and then get it together and be like yeah its a little faster i wanna get off the thing and be like WOW...

This is one of the main things I like about M&M, FAST, OCD, Shearer, Stellar, Camatv, SoCal, Herr, ext.... the list is long. All these people are just some that have spent time answering questions for me without me spending a dime first. Not just the first time around either....LOL... no bait and switch.

/nut swing.

can someone please explain what the difference between the cheetah cub and serval? i understand that one is for dune and one is for straight drag but are they the same cylinders do they just do more work to them to make it a cheetah? I dont wanna spend all this money and then get it together and be like yeah its a little faster i wanna get off the thing and be like WOW...

A Serval and Cub are both made by CP, so they look the same. But they have different porting. A Cub is set up for more topend power and to drag with. A Serval is more for a pump gas friendly duner with usable power for low, mid, and top. Think of a Serval like an alternative to buding up a your stock cyl. It will have a lot of power, on pump gas. So it is cheap to ride. Build the bike according to what type of riding you want to do. Drag, dune, trail, mx, ext.....The better the bike is set up for you, the more fun it will be. Side note, a Cheetah is something different than both the Cub and Serval.

This is just info, some people dune Cubs, some drag Servals. Some people get bored, and want more. Some get bored with the big bikes, and go back to down. LOL.. all part of the addiction. My fav race is between some the stock cyl drag bikes. I am more impressed with those, then any other bike.

Cubs and Servals are both from the Cheetah family of cylinders from CP Industries, Inc.. A true Cheetah will have power valves but Cubs and Servals do not. Cheetahs also run bigger reeds.

A Cub cylinder is set up and intended for mostly wide open throttle, high RPM horsepower. As in drag racing. I wont say it cant be duned or trail ridden. Lets just not go there now.

A Serval Is set up and intended for a wider, more useable power band. They will make good horsepower from mid to high rpm.

IMHO, I would say that if you intend to do anything with your bike besides wide open dunes, a Serval is the ticket.