Vitos Performance

ClayAiken

Hey guys im new to the whole Banshee scene and i was wondering what you guys thought of Vitos Performance. I didn't know whether it be good things or bad things. I found their top end kit HERE it seems awfully cheap to me alot cheaper then wiseco. So have you guys heard of them?

Yes. Some hate Vito's (I wouldn't buy their "stock style" replacement piston.) but as far as the Super Stock pistons go....I have had good luck with them. You will see a very large increase in power with those. Now it's true that you will get better performance from a good port job from a site sponser. But for a low price pair of pistons, you will get a big increase in performance without porting. I'd say that those pistons (In a properly machined cylinder. Even and same size top to bottom, chamfered port edges.) They will be a solid 80 hour piston. If you can afford $350-$400 for porting PLUS the cost of Wiseco pistons....well do that. But since your new to Banshees.....better to learn on cheap costing stuff before you jump with both feet into the HP game.

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

Hey guys im new to the whole Banshee scene and i was wondering what you guys thought of Vitos Performance. I didn't know whether it be good things or bad things. I found their top end kit HERE it seems awfully cheap to me alot cheaper then wiseco. So have you guys heard of them?

Yes most of us have heard of Vito's. There are mixed results with them.....some do good and swear by them....others have had their pistons blow up into shrapnel and wipe out a good motor. Others have had tried mild port jobs and the Vito's power pistons (meant to "simulate" a port job) on their trails rigs and almost killed themselves because they wound up with more of a drag port after the combo and almost couldnt control it in the woods.

My advice is to go with wiseco as it is what almost all the builders on here will recommend.....I mean shit.....these guys make their living in the atv business...if they do junk work they get junk reviews. And I haven't heard of a bad review of any of our sponsors yet.

Vitos Pistons run strong, in my Banshee. I had about 20 hrs on them and pulled it apart to do some work. They hardly look like they are used. I would say that they are an upgrade over stock in an unported cylinder for sure. If your banshee is stock and piped with T5's or PC you will see an increase in power for the money spent. It will cost you atleast 500 for a port job + pistons + gaskets. if you are just looking to add a little, it is a good deal. If you want a lot out of your motor, Port job is the only way to go.

Adam

Thanks for the input guys my motor isn't ported (yet). I am going to keep Vitos as an option like Jereme wiseco makes their buisness off of pistons so no doubt they know what their doing you get what you pay for (in most cases) i have found a complete Wiseco top end kit for $288 from one of my favorite motorcycle parts retailer so im probably going with that. 3 Rebuilds down the road i will start thinking about porting when i get bored with it ill use Kevin or Jeff. Thanks for the input guys.

Edited by Hyper

those vitos pistons are weisco's. they are made to vitos specs with the lowered exhaust side of the piston of 1mm

Correct. Most (basic) port jobs are just that....raising the exhaust 1 mm. That's why the lowered piston edge ads HP.

It "Tricks" the motor into acting like it's go a port job. But it doesn't pipe hard and make the bike un-useable. It's a cheap port job for free with a piston purchase.

Plus the Vito's pistons are cheaper than the wiseco. But if your happy with your current power and just want a fresh top end, then there is nothing wrong with going with the wisecos.

What I mean is it doens't act like those motors that are ported so much that they get to be more of a drag bike than anything else.

Yes, you feel a pipe hit when it gets into the powerband, but it's not a light switch.

The exhaust edge of the piston is dropped 1mm to simulate a raised exhaust port. But... it's not like the whole piston top is dropped. So Your not going to get flow like you would with a real port job. But you can get an extra 8 HP by just dropping these pistons in on your next rebuild. They are made by wiseco for vito's and they are cheaper than the standard wiseco piston kit. So that's why I'm a big fan of them. Let me be clear...I'm not saying they will last as long as a standard Wiseco piston, but we've gotten 80+ hours on a set that the guy beat the crap out of. (He rides HARD! Cracked frame, 3 blown out shocks, bent swingarm, ripped ALL the foot peg bolts out multiple times, 3 clutches in a season, etc.) But he got two full years on a set of pistons before he made the final step and got it ported.

Hope that explains it. Nothing wrong with either choice. Whatever fits the needs best at the time and into the near future..... :)