triple engine

m671054

Thanks for the input. When i was refering to stock transmission i meant stock parts but fully modified.this is not my first build. I have a 14mil cub,a16mil cheetah,and now this20 mil dm triple.any one else with hands on experience feel free to point out some other problems i might run into

possibly you not being able to hold on lol

Thanks for the input. When i was refering to stock transmission i meant stock parts but fully modified.this is not my first build. I have a 14mil cub,a16mil cheetah,and now this20 mil dm triple.any one else with hands on experience feel free to point out some other problems i might run into

I'm guessing you bought the 20mil DM that was on ebay right? cylinders need fixed and I can't remember the condition of the crank... I'm running an 18mil cheetah triple in a Lonestar hill chassis.

I would run Mattoons 10plate clutch set up with Mattoon billet cover ( the billet cover is a must if you're going to kick start it and not use a roto start) and probly 2:68 straight cuts

Mattoon cases, make sure to have the shift fork window put in

Mattoon bearing support

There is a lot of debate on what trans to run, every builder has their own opinion and so do a lot of personal owners, I'm running a Robinson now but want to try a billet 2nd 2-5 and see if it will hold.

You're going to be in the 200+ hp range, so there is not a "right or wrong answer" this is one of those problems you will have to be prepared to deal with.

As for the ignition, a lot of people have started running the MSD setup... I'm running a Twister modded triple ignition (snomo) currently but a switch to the MSD might happen someday.

I would let a builder assemble the motor, so you know it's right the first time... a triple can be very costly if not setup correctly. Just don't try to cut corners on these motors or you'll fight it everytime.

Pipes will need to be made, putting it in a hill chassis make sure the pipes will clear the frame.

You'll need to run 2 pumps for the carbs most likely as well, 39-45mm to carb of your choice.

You're gonna battle chassis setup too... but that's a whole other issue, lol

just buy mattons triple off of ebay.

then you can cus it when it breaks like the rest of them.

for a track motor i would never build one. unless you like stress and spending more than you ever thought trying to get it to work

Thanks matt. Matton cases with window for sure. How hard does your bike start? I didnt even think you could kick these. I asumed it would be remote start only. And i was thinking get 2out the right pipes and 1left build custom mounts for the left one. What did the ign set you back from twister??

Thanks matt. Matton cases with window for sure. How hard does your bike start? I didnt even think you could kick these. I asumed it would be remote start only. And i was thinking get 2out the right pipes and 1left build custom mounts for the left one. What did the ign set you back from twister??

Mine is kick start, it's not hard to kick over just gotta get a feel for it. Most at the hill run kickers in case it dies on the line/hill. I fire the bike up at home before I leave, hard starting at first to clear out the purge fuel, but then it fires up first kick usually.

I'm running 3 out the left... but if you want to run a roto start you will have to run 3 pipes out the right to get in there. If ur gonna have to have pipes made, do 3 out the right.

Ignition new is about a grand. I haven't called around for prices on an msd yet.