1/4 throttle dead spot

Burkley

I have a 2003 Banshee with t-5 pipes k&n filters everything else is stock. I have a bad dead spot until I get past 1/4 throttle after we get the rpm's up it works fine. Plugs look good. The main jet is a 300. I am in Kansas at about 1500 feet ASL Do I need to change my smaller jets? Is this the problem? Is this not a carb problem? Any help is appreciated Jeff

air screw. is it a dead bog or sputter? if its a dead bog your prob lean. just adjust your airscrew , may even need to change your pilot jet

Dead bog like a plug is fowling thanks Jeff

If its making your plugs wet or fouled looking then that can be pilot or both pilot as well as about 2-3 clips too rich on the needle possibly. I hate stock carbs and tuning them. I'll be out at hillsdale ks later today tuning on a bike with similar mods.

If its making your plugs wet or fouled looking then that can be pilot or both pilot as well as about 2-3 clips too rich on the needle possibly. I hate stock carbs and tuning them. I'll be out at hillsdale ks later today tuning on a bike with similar mods.

I agree I've tuned jet skis that where easier plugs look good I have stock pilots ordered a 27.5 and a 30 I dont understand the needle clips is there an adjustment in the slide I am missing I am assuming aftermarket are easier to tune. Maybe I should go get a four mil cub motor. With some new carbs lol

thanks for the feed back everybody

make sure both your carbs are synced and clean.

if your pilot or air screw dont improve or worsen the condition I would look into other possibilities such as electrical...

Cleaned my carbs this weekend and when I put them back I had the same problem, turned out they were dirty and the air skew needed to be turned back in 1 half turn. (making them 1,5 turns out)

Mine are stock carbs with mainjet 270, pilot 25, airbox lid removed, +4 timing ricky stator plate & stator, fmf phatty headers & pipes, 1500ft elevation, BR9ES plugs and a 40 to 1 mix on Yamalube.

just try the pilot first. then if it still does a dead bog at 1/4 throttle maybe your needle needs to be adjusted. but only change one thing at a time. you done any plug chops? how does the bike idle? hard to start?

I will do that. no plug chops. (Yet) Idles good. Starts a little hard but not impossible.

Edited by Burkley

If its hard to start sounds lean on p jet.

Went from a stock 25 pilot to a 30 and it cleared it right up. Still little hard to start when cold but once it warms up good to go.

Thanks for your help guys

Edited by Burkley