Spark plug wires

BAMF87

Yesterday I touched one of the plug wires while it was at idle and I got shocked. I'm assuming I need new wires and boots but can I replace just the wires and boots or do I need a new coil and wires? Either route what brands are good and who has the best prices?

I bet that woke you up, but you can get just the wires. Go with factory if you have a factory ignition system.

its supposed to do that, they arent made to protect you.

That is fine, if you go to a car, or a go kart, they will shock you while running as well.

You dont have anything to fix.

its supposed to do that, they arent made to protect you.

That is fine, if you go to a car, or a go kart, they will shock you while running as well.

You dont have anything to fix.

dont listen to this guy, you have to replace the wires. chances are the insulation is cracked and you will get weak spark from it arcing off the frame

dont listen to this guy, you have to replace the wires. chances are the insulation is cracked and you will get weak spark from it arcing off the frame

what ever you say, when you blow the money on new wires, try grabbing them and let me know when you get shocked

lol why the hell Should you be able to be shocked when you grab a plug wire? The whole point of the wire is to transfer the current from the coil to the plug and NOT to let to let it leak out anywhere in between, bottom line is if you get shocked then they're dry rotted or leaking somehow. If they're "supposed to" leak then wires should be ran nowhere near each other nor other engine parts (which is grounded out) and on a car engine there's no way you can have the wires in certain spots where they don't touch something else or close to it.

You should NOT be getting shocked by touching the rubber coating of the plug wire. The rubber is there for a reason. That's to protect the wire from touching anything metal.

Honestly, it will be a lot cheaper and easier to replace the whole coil. I have more peace of mind knowing it's put together correctly that way.

Hit up NYUK here on BansheeHQ. He probably has a few coils laying around.