best $1000 spent on a banshee upgrade

themechanic

i have 2005 banshee with pc pipes , stock carbs, k and n filter, stock reeds and cages. was really leaning towards a athena kit nut it seems 99 % of people selling it have never put a wrench on a banshee and know nothing about the kit. so our local machine shop can bore my cyls i have done a clean up port job on em and they look pretty good. so now what else?

id say if your working with a budget and all is well with everything else on the bike... check your compression... if its all good id say save the 1000.00 and ride the shit out of your bike :headbang: ........Then put money aside while its running and when you have enough coin call one of the site sponsors and get them to build you a motor.. cause 1000 bucks wont get you much..... Now i have a decked out stock stroke with every goodie you can pretty much put in it and i have about 2600.00 in a stoke stroke...

Personally I went and bought a 4 mill crank. Found some used cylinders that were ported for a 4 mill and had them bored. Bought Wiseco 795 series pistons. Did the tearing down and have a machinist friend. Crank was $380 shipped new. Pistons were $185 or something close. I also sold my stock cylinders for $125. Odds and ends $20 here and there. Either way I'm about $2000 into the shee and thats including the $960 purchase price of the banshee. I did buy a pancake bearing and adjustable timing plate. You don't need either. Bought oil seals. The banshee engine is easy to assemble and dissemble but a manual is a good idea. Thats my .02 cents

if its time for a rebuild call one of the site sponsors and talk to them they will better tell your pricing and stuff .. i went with jeff at fast but if heard great things about hjr also... just call around and see which one you like.. i think wildcard was on the cheap side also... if i was you id just get a new top end and port job thats going to put you at the 1000.00 ... you will just have to find a used coolhead or shave the stoke one..

if its time for a rebuild call one of the site sponsors and talk to them they will better tell your pricing and stuff .. i went with jeff at fast but if heard great things about hjr also... just call around and see which one you like.. i think wildcard was on the cheap side also... if i was you id just get a new top end and port job thats going to put you at the 1000.00 ... you will just have to find a used coolhead or shave the stoke one..

First, change the size of your sig pic man, people have to scroll through twice as many pages of stuff because your pic takes up half a page.

Next... give kevin @ HJR a call. For $1k he can hook you up with some awesome mods. Great guy to deal with and the fastest turnaround time of any builder out there. You wouldn't be disappointed.

- Jared

not trying to argue.. when i built my stoke stroke i was only going to spend 1500.00, my crank wouldnt true up , that added 350.00 for a stoke stroke crank.... my clutch basket was shit another 100.00 or so.. just saying... now if he did a port which is what? 350.00 normally maybe cheaper depending on what he gets, new top end 250 with hone and bore? we are at 600.00 then you have taxes and other shit. and this is with no labor, assuming he does the assemble and tear down of his motor.. so yeah he might be able to pull it off if he does his own labor. I was just giving my 2cents on his post thats all... if it was me id save my 1000.00 and keep saving , do it right the first time. But he may be able to find some used parts to help him out.. donno dont care his motor , his post ... was just giving my 2cents.. lata :notworthy: