Banshee won't start by kick starter only by pushing?

itscody

Yikes I have no idea how to check any of that.

But just buy locking it. It seems to have great compression.

And when it's running it runs decent.

Go buy a compression tester. They are $35 for a cheapo one at any auto parts store. If you don't know how to measure the above listed items you probably shouldn't be rebuilding your own top end. Not trying to be a dick, but these are some of the most basic things you should check on any banshee engine build. Where do you live? Maybe there is a bansheehq member close to you who can stop by and help you out with these things.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using ONLY a proper Banshee/Blaster flywheel puller, not a 2-3 jaw or cobbled shit, you remove the flywheel. Inspect key, shake flywheel, if it rattles that might be your problem. Then there are 2-3 screws holding it on. Either find the download manual or break down and buy a Clymers. Where did you find the specs to put it back together? What was your ring gap? Piston clearance? :cheers:

Using ONLY a proper Banshee/Blaster flywheel puller, not a 2-3 jaw or cobbled shit, you remove the flywheel. Inspect key, shake flywheel, if it rattles that might be your problem. Then there are 2-3 screws holding it on. Either find the download manual or break down and buy a Clymers. Where did you find the specs to put it back together? What was your ring gap? Piston clearance? :cheers:

So I will have to spend money to remove fly wheel.

As far as specs. I went by what the shop I got cylinders bored at said.

could be from lack of compression....seen someone get a piston in once without lining up the ring pin in the ring groove with the ring ends.......scored the shit out of the jug. i know you say it has compression.....and i could put those pistons in without rings at all and still have enough compression to fake out the "thumb test"......truth is.....you need a compression tester to actually know if you do have compression.

could be from lack of compression....seen someone get a piston in once without lining up the ring pin in the ring groove with the ring ends.......scored the shit out of the jug. i know you say it has compression.....and i could put those pistons in without rings at all and still have enough compression to fake out the "thumb test"......truth is.....you need a compression tester to actually know if you do have compression.

How much compression should I have and I'll test today

Just ordered one. Prob won't get it till next week.

But I got a guy on his way to replace stator. Would a bad stator cause me to get orange spark instead of blue?

That and a bad coil. Did you check the resistance across each of the legs of your stator?

Like wacko said... STOP jacking with the damn thing until you have the necessary tools to check and correct the problems correctly. Get the clymer manual and see what you are supposed to be doing if you don't know.

- Jared