can someone check this chop

qboronyrican

the way i was taught you need a little more, and i have never cut a plug up just to check it, you want to see the same choc color around the ring of the plug as well, so i look for the rust/choc color on the ring and about halfway up the porcelain, put it back in and RUN IT!!!!! ive seen a bunch of posts about doing a "chop" and a lot of people do, i just see it as a waste imo.

looks alright to me....might be JUST a tad lean. and i would rather waste a set of plugs doing plug chops than just run them looking at the electrode end. ive been told by more than one sponsor on here that it should be a 2mm ring at the BASE end of the plug....being why you have to cut it down.

That looks real close to me. With a pic its hard to tell, if you want a better read on a plug do it again but make more passes and you will see more color and a better ring. That just looks like a real new plug that hasnt gotten much color yet. If its 2 mm tall then you are right there. Color should be beer bottle brown, if the color is light brown or tan then go up a jet or two till you get the right color and height. Guys that arent picky about jetting may be real close on jetting but theres 15-20% more HP in the last 2 or 3 jets and gettting it right on the money. On the dyno a 60 HP bike thats slightly rich will make 65-70 Hp when its right. Chopping a plug isnt wasting plugs, fouling them is. Good job on tuning yer crap right.

there we go,,,,, opinions :cheers: personally i'll run a lil rich, jet it right, and not waste any plugs, with a little bit of light i can see brown in there just fine and look for it on the ring, ive ran the SH*TTTT outta my blaster for 2 yrs and am only at 110 lbs compression, do what ya do, just givin my .02

Looks pretty good to me, you want a ring around the plug to be the thickness of a dime. I would run it. You can always mess with the needle clips to dial it in just a bit more.

Here was mine, and I have had no issues since the build a year ago.

photo.jpg

I did a bunch of chops when our 1/4 mile drag motors were on gas.

This was perfect for us during the summer months. A tad lean (1 jet size ) in the fall.

It was with highly oxygenated VP CMP fuel which is no longer made.

I'd say your real close but don't forget that what your looking at is only reading the main curcuit.

Might go up one if there's no loss in performance.

100_0357 (Medium).jpg