Anyone running a M&M lexan cluth cover?

94BANSHEE

That Lexan is pretty solid stuff. I've never broken one and that stuff is hard to scratch. Sure, over time you will eventually scuff it up, but it will be a while. The stock brake lever will work. I always tweak my levers a little bit to get them to fit better but you should be able to bolt it up and go riding.

Are you looking at the cover because you think it looks cool or because you need a lockup?

Yeah mainly for looks haha. Not to cheap though after shipping to canada

so can the lexan be replaced with a new color?

And forgive my noobness...but are lock ups used on just drag engines or is it recommended for stock to modified banshees??

It kind of depends on who you talk to. I run mine on a dune ported 4mill. I just do general riding a little drag racing between friends. Some guys say it makes a stock (non over ride) transmission shift hard. I havent had a problem. I like running a lockup clutch because I can keep the 6 soft OEM Yamaha springs. The lockup bolts to the inner hub / pressure plate. So when your at the starting line in gear it is not spinning. So when you launch sping pressure is what allows the clutch to engage. The stock 6 springs will allow the clutch to slip out of the hole untile the rear wheels (transmission) are spinging fast enough for the lockup clutch to fully engauge the clutch.

I just bent my stock lever out a little bit. I also had to grind or round off the foot peg. It is a tight fit but it works.

100_2181.jpg

100_2175.jpg

100_2176.jpg

Don't overtighten the Allen screws, they will strip easy and don't use any type of brake cleaner, carb or engine cleaner, you won't be happy with that outcome. Other than that I love mine but it was hard to get used to shifting under a load but now I have an override. You will like it.