Plugs fouled out

steeler2169

I just rebuilt top end had bored and everything, did proper break in went riding cam back check plugs the looked oil soak. Now could this be from doing alot of idling or do I have a right side crank seal leaking?

I have a right side seal leak, and I'm fouling plugs within 5mins of riding. Getting it fixed in December

I just rebuilt top end had bored and everything, did proper break in went riding cam back check plugs the looked oil soak. Now could this be from doing alot of idling or do I have a right side crank seal leaking?

you did a rebuild and never hooked up a leakdown tester? ugh ohh....haha.....

my suggestion is to make yourself a leakdown tester and slap it up there and do the test.......it'll cost you a total of about $10 and will be a tool you can/should ALWAYS use whenever you disassemble something past a gasket or suspect a leak from a seal. This is the only way to "really" diagnose a leaking seal....

I had a thought on this subject the other day. If you suspect a PTO side crank seal leak, couldn't you put another pressure gauge in the vent line and watch for a pressure buildup as the pressure drops on your leakdown? Of coarse if you're still running 2 vents, the other one would need to be plugged or teed in. Since the gearbox/ clutch cover volume is so much, you may need to pump up your leakdown a few times. This is all just theory. If no one has actually tried it, let's have someone try it and see if it works as an approved procedure. If you don't let the pressure build up more than 1 pound it shouldn't hurt anything, right?

you may be onto something star.....although i think your right about the volume vs pressure. you may not see any noticable pressure build up. but im liking how your workin through this....i think it does need to be tried out. may be able to test this out on my buddies motor a little later in the winter as i get to do the splitting of cases.