Ceramic coating of exhoust, pistons and cyclinder block

figaro

I would have the exhaust port coated after having the pistons and domes done. That way you keep the exhaust heat in the exhaust, and not soaking in to the cylinders. That would attribute to a cooler running engine. If you had nice chrome pipes could could also have them coated on the inside. This will help keep them from turning blue.

My last piston I put in my raptor I had swan tech do the Gold Coat on the piston head. It is a little tougher higher temp coating. The funny thing is they sent me the wrong piston back. I kind of knew what to expect because they called me the day before I recieved it to give me a heads up. I got some guys 80cc piston, and he got my raptor's 102mm piston. We both sent them back to swain tech and they sent them back out to the correct people. Nothing major just a little mix up.

i agree with both of you and i will buy the impeller and the radiator and coolhead but i am also looking in to the ceramic coating and it is very interesting the clams they make. if i do have it ceramic coated i will do it for the reliability not performance as i am not convinced it makes much of a difference.

the parts list any suggestions are welcome I heard that the Water impeller is a gimmick and it actual hurts the water flow?

Noss coolhead

http://www.nossmachine.com/banshee_heads.htm

Radiator http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=230693648639

Impeller http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=380375975986

dont wait your money on that stuff.

if you want your engine to run colder, get a billet WP impeller, a oversize radiator. jet it on the rich side and you should be good.

is that the secret to your diesel killing torque monster banshee?

Like having a dry film lubercat hold 2 stroke oil on the skirts of the piston.

i just read the full artical its interesting and it said that the higher rpm the better the more the coating will add HP and i think the banshee revs to 11,000rpm but like you said you did it for the reliability not performance and that s what i want. i think it wil be about 300$ to do the whole engine so i will just see how my expenses ar for building the engine and maybe i will have the pistons done with the skirts like you did :cheers:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...